Critters place

Stopped for taco juice in Newton and the fuel door lock was frozen :eek:
And it Was running on fumes
Stuck the key under the arm to warm it up and finally got the fuel door unlocked thank goodness

What do you make of this?
What should I do :oops:
That does not appear to be very quality bodyshop work right there
IMG_20221116_124614_748.jpg

I think winter is here to stay. This morning's 45 minute dog walk in -3F wind chill is proof. I don't think my special purpose will descend until June.

Oh well, today I expect to receive parts for my daughter's '02 Chevy Trailblazer. Just ordered them Wednesday night. Being delivered by FedEx.

These aren't cool add-on features. Just a couple of lift gate shocks. After 20 years the OEM shocks don't have enough muscle to hold the liftgate open. Can't really complain, $61 for the pair. Pretty cheap service over 20 years.

its supposed to be back into the 50s here in TacomaHA on Sunday... offereing a good chance to continue getting all that IL salt off underneath, I was only able to do the topside yesterday in tShirt before the fingers started numbing and reddening with the waterhose below 40 degrees rinse
all next week forecast 50s and 40s, (nightly lows all below freezing however)

Nuts......quick delivery......ordered wrong liftgate struts. They're too long. Now to wrestle with RockAuto for the RMA to return these.

Took a smart pill. Looked at the parts for brand & part numbers. Then began an internet search. Funny thing is RockAuto has a direct fit replacement, but the word description isn't correct. I had to chase the original part number thru Stabilus (part brand). Fortunately, I came across a direct replacement list with dimensions of the part.

These things have serious force. 755N roughly 165 lbs of push.

Oh well, my fault for ordering the wrong part. Lesson learned. Don't fully trust word descriptions.

Rockauto is a pig when you need to return and will rape your pockets on the return fee
And it's all via email afaik

Rockauto is a pig when you need to return and will rape your pockets on the return fee
And it's all via email afaik
Thats not particularly encouraging.

Its only $62 for the parts I have. I just want a simple refund or an exchange/refund. I have no problem admitting I ordered the wrong part. But the description of the part and its fitment was vague at best. So, I made my best guess.

The only return fee should be the shipping cost.

Anyhow, I'll see how it goes.

Thats not particularly encouraging.

Its only $62 for the parts I have. I just want a simple refund or an exchange/refund. I have no problem admitting I ordered the wrong part. But the description of the part and its fitment was vague at best. So, I made my best guess.

The only return fee should be the shipping cost.

Anyhow, I'll see how it goes.

Same way at AAP if you get free shipping on special order item and return it they take away free shipping
I was quite annoyed about that deal

Back