DENSO Cabin filter @Homedepot online

billssr5

Just a heads up for 2nd gen owners looking for a decent priced Cabin air filter with free shipping or store pickup. Just ordered a DENSO Aftermarket CF #453-6058 for my 2nd gen from HOMEDEPOT's online after creating an online account(easy) came out total $11.44 w/tax and free shipping to my home. Pretty good for that filter whereas would have cost me total $16.41 from ROCKAUTO with 5% discount for same. They do have some but not all engine filters by DENSO or BOSCH listed online, they did'nt have the DENSO #143-3007 for my 2.7l engine air filter unfortunately. Not a bad deal these days. The ROCKAUTO deals because of shipping are are a deal breaker compared to HD's.

is it a generic-like filter such as the one from the Yota parts department
or one of the fancy scented or oiled ones?

Suggest taking a look at NAPA for the filter. Keep shopping.

Agreed RockAuto's shipping is stiff.

A few months ago I picked up a supertech cabin filter at Wally World for about $12 when shopping there. Couldn't figure out what this stinky odor in the truck that smelled like a pair of sweaty socks, till I pulled the cabin filter. The supertech filter looked made well when I compared it to the original toyota one.

A few months ago I picked up a supertech cabin filter at Wally World for about $12 when shopping there. Couldn't figure out what this stinky odor in the truck that smelled like a pair of sweaty socks, till I pulled the cabin filter. The supertech filter looked made well when I compared it to the original toyota one.
i used the Supertech CB it was a no frills filter but USA made, i also recommend the BOSCH Work Shop CB those are pretty good although made in Chicom

i used the Supertech CB it was a no frills filter but USA made, i also recommend the BOSCH Work Shop CB those are pretty good although made in Chicom
I usually cheap out on cabin air filters as I don't feel they do a hell of a lot except it's just one more maintenance item to spend on. I'll put better resources into buying engine air filters which have always been WIX.

I usually cheap out on cabin air filters as I don't feel they do a hell of a lot except it's just one more maintenance item to spend on. I'll put better resources into buying engine air filters which have always been WIX.
Im thinking about use a home furnace filter and cut it up after this one, im also looking at a Pro-tec (Wix) engine air filter off Rockauto this time, the OEM Denso's have priced me out at this point

Many denso replacement parts for these toyotas are not of the same original quality as the denso components used in our toyotas, so don't go by brand name alone.
Btw, my furnace is a boiler...no filters, so its one less thing to replace.

Many denso replacement parts for these toyotas are not of the same original quality as the denso components used in our toyotas, so don't go by brand name alone.
Btw, my furnace is a boiler...no filters, so its one less thing to replace.
might try this hack next time you can get one of these filters at Walmart about $10

Idk, how well that would work in my tacoma...the cabin filter is more like the engine air filter that has no cage to retain the filter material while drawing air through it in a specific direction. At any rate the supertech filters been working ok for a few months now.

a couple of pics from my Home Depot Denso FTF CB filter seems a little flimsy but should have better air flow than the TYC carbon filter which restricts the airflow too much I have now, the denso is made in Malasia I feel better that its not a Chicom tho

Attachments

• IMG_20240425_150636894.jpg
    IMG_20240425_150636894.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240425_150713497.jpg
    IMG_20240425_150713497.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Back