Do I need a new UCA?

Yeah, you're changing the trucks suspension geometry. Your likely to have more vibration if you don't, let alone an alignment issue.

Agreed. Many problems begin when DIY suspension modifications are installed.

FWIW, a couple points to consider.
A lift only increases body height. It does nothing for wheel turning clearance. The lift is vertical.
You could go to larger wheels that are within the limits of the truck's design without jackin' with the suspension. Consider a 17" rim then wrap a set of 265/65-17s.
Then spend a bit of time to adjust your suspension geometry to accommodate the 3" lift.

A buddy of mine installed a RC 3'' lift in his 2019, and really screwed up his truck with all sorts of issues afterwards. We told him he needed upper control arms to solve most of it, but he cheaped out not putting any more money into the lift. The end result was putting it back to stock, and selling the truck for another manufactures brand.

My RC 3.5'' lift came with upper control arms. Truck drives like stock plus a bit more height.

His RC 3'' didn't back then, and it should have. It was like riding in a 25 year old winter crasher with a 2019 low mileage tacoma. Lots of excessive vibration with the truck wandering if you took your hands off the steering wheel.

A buddy of mine installed a RC 3'' lift in his 2019, and really screwed up his truck with all sorts of issues afterwards. We told him he needed upper control arms to solve most of it, but he cheaped out not putting any more money into the lift. The end result was putting it back to stock, and selling the truck for another manufactures
Well I got it aligned and it does drive straight, there is some vibration when I go 80, so basically if I want it to run smoother get better UCA

Back