Does the iphone 6 ( not plus) work with Toyota entune?

This is a great idea, however the people wishing to show messages on the screen should consider if they have minors in the vehicle that should not see dirty messages, as a friend of mine sent some inappropriate stuff while my daughter was sitting next to me. Needless to say this function no longer work in my vehicle!!!

This is a great idea, however the people wishing to show messages on the screen should consider if they have minors in the vehicle that should not see dirty messages, as a friend of mine sent some inappropriate stuff while my daughter was sitting next to me. Needless to say this function no longer work in my vehicle!!!
Dick pics aren't for all of us...

I didn't want to start a new thread, but can the iPad 3 connect via Bluetooth?

I got Sirius in anothe vehicle and have it on my iPad. I connected it to the Tacoma with a cable no problem but it would be nice to connect without it.

The iPads connect with no problem. I've got both mine and my son's pads set to connect.

Hey everyone! My name is Brett Hickman with Serra Toyota in Birmingham Alabama. I have been a Sales Consultant here for 8 years. I will do my best to help. I am known as the tech guy around the dealership.

First, let me explain Entune a bit. Toyota now calls all head units Entune to simplify things and made the service Free forever, rather than just for 3years as before. That retro's back to the original units as well. All though some of the old units may have some app services(or data services as they are classified) that would require you to pay XM/Sirius to continue to use those apps. Those services in the newer units are no longer tied to XM/Sirius tech and now only maintaining your satellite service after the 90 trial cost money.
There are different "levels", if you will, of Entune.
-Entune: Analog Radio with voice commands that allow you to place calls by speaking anyone of your 2500(max) contacts by name.(so simple 20-30 secs your done and ready to go)
-Entune Audio Plus: Adds to the above, HD Radio and some extra voice commands...like "Get Traffic", "Get Weather", and "Tune to 104.7"
-Entune Premium: Adds to the above, Nav and the extra voice commands for controlling that. Plus you can record Live FM/AM radio(up to 20mins) & w/App suite.
-Entune Premium w/JBL: Adds to the above, JBL Speakers and Amp.

Now lets dig into the IPhone and some of the issues being talked about. Let's get one thing out of the way before I begin. All of the IPhone's are real finicky with Entune Audio Plus and Up. That is just the way it is. However, hands free calling and steaming music via Bluetooth wirelessly works flawlessly.
As some have mentioned in the forums...
-the iPhone does require a Data Cord to use the App Suite and the App Suite only.
-the iPhone requires you to move "Show Notification" to on to receive text feature. That is it, you do not have to do the other thing someone mention.
Now that being said...Sending Text Messages is NOT compatible.

Here is a link you can go to, to test your phone and its compatibilities. Even some of the features that are compatible do not have the full use that is intended.
***I was unable to put the link because I do not meet requirements yet to post links in my post***

Tip...anyone who is having issues when hooking up your phone to your Toyota by Bluetooth...9 times out of 10 this solves everything. If you have it connected but it just isn't working right (like not being able to get the text feature to hook up for example)...tell your phone to forget the device...remove your phone on the Radio Headunit as well. Turn off your phone, turn off your car. Turn your phone back and on wait till it is up. Turn on the car and start the pairing again from scratch. Everything should work.
Now, if you had your phone hooked up and something goes wrong later, do the above again, but restarting your car and phone only. You do not have to erase the devices from each other.

I have solved countless issues with using those steps. Feel free to ask me questions anytime. You can even contact me at the dealership and I will try and help. If I do not answer, it is because I am currently with a customer. Our number at Serra Toyota is 205-223-2894. My user name displayed is my name. We also have a YouTube channel where I have a "How To Section". Hope this post was useful! Toyota is a great product and no one should be having issues. You should be enjoying your Toyota!
***I was unable to put link to our YouTube Channel because I do not meet requirements yet to post links in my post***

I didn't want to start a new thread, but can the iPad 3 connect via Bluetooth?

I got Sirius in anothe vehicle and have it on my iPad. I connected it to the Tacoma with a cable no problem but it would be nice to connect without it.

Hi I work for Serra Toyota. Only the App Suite is required to use the data cable.

Works fine with mine ... Just takes a lil time to sync

You are right. Sometimes when trying to connect the text message feature, it takes a few and sometimes it is instant. I was helping my customer hook up their iPhone 6 to their new Rav4 XLE they bought from me. It took about 3 mins for the little envelope at the top right corner of the touch screen to show up. That indicates it is hooked up and ready to receive text messages. iPhones can not use the send feature however.

For entune to work you must connect your phone with a usb cable

Hi I work for Serra Toyota. Entune is a broad term as all Headunits are now called Entune. The hand free phone cabablilites, including the text message feature requrie a Bluetooth connection only. However, iPhones can only receive text and not send using the quick text feature.
The only feature that requires a Data cable is the App Suite found on Entune Premium and Entune Premium w/JBL.

ok, so for example, say I send you a new text message ... if your phone were in a laptop bag in the backseat, on vibrate, 1) how would you know that you received a text message, and 2) how would you have it read to you by the entune assuming that you were notified in step 1?

I have to push the phone button on the radio, then select messages, and then select the message and it will read it ... is that true for you as well?

Hi I work for Serra Toyota. You should have the Radio tell you you have a text message and do you want to "ignore" it or to "read" it. If you select "Read", it should dictate the message to you. You may want to resync you phone and car starting from scratch. 1st make sure you have "Show Notification" on. Go to Bluetooth and look on the device list. You should have a little blue "i" with a small circle around it. Push that blue "i" and it should go to another screen that allows you to do this.

I finally got my Iphone 6 to work with Entune Audio Plus by doing the following:

Bluetooth® Pairing Setup Instructions:

Do not attempt while driving.

On the Radio System

• 1. Press the Home button.
  • 2. Select the Setup icon in the upper right corner of the display.
  • 3. Select Bluetooth®
  • 4. Select Add
On the Phone

• 1. Select Settings from the applications menu.
  • 2. Select Bluetooth®
  • 3. Ensure Bluetooth® is ON.
  • 4. Select your Multimedia System Name from the list.
  • 5. Enter the PIN or confirm the passkey shown on the vehicle display.
  • 6. Select OK or Pair if necessary.
  • After the initial pairing is completed, and if applicable to your multimedia system, enable messaging features by accessing the phone's Bluetooth® menu.
  • First, on your iphone select the "Information" symbol to the right of the Connected system and turn on "Show Notifications"
  • Make sure that “Allow Notifications” and “Show on Lock Screen” are enabled. This is found in Settings>Notifications>Messages on your Iphone
  • Then, disconnect/reconnect the phone using the multimedia system's controls.
This is almost the same as shown on the Toyota's website ; however, I added the next to last step which seemed to be necessary (at least in my situation). Now everything works (phone, audio, messaging).

Hi, I work for Serra Toyota. You do not have to have "Show on Lock Screen" enabled. You are correct about "Allow Notifications" (or Show Notification)

There are different "levels", if you will, of Entune.
-Entune: Analog Radio with voice commands that allow you to place calls by speaking anyone of your 2500(max) contacts by name.(so simple 20-30 secs your done and ready to go)
-Entune Audio Plus: Adds to the above, HD Radio and some extra voice commands...like "Get Traffic", "Get Weather", and "Tune to 104.7"
-Entune Premium: Adds to the above, Nav and the extra voice commands for controlling that. Plus you can record Live FM/AM radio(up to 20mins) & w/App suite.
-Entune Premium w/JBL: Adds to the above, JBL Speakers and Amp.

Hi Brett
how do we know which Entune 'level' is in which 2016 taco?
Premium (limited)
how about sport, or sport upgrade etc?

Is the amp different in the w/JBL equiped tacos as apposed to the non w/jbl? or is it the same and we could just plug in a cable for a woofer?

With iPhone 5 can you use the USB port to stream music video? I know you can't play video while driving but how about in park? Or no video at all, just music along with the album display. 2015 Taco

Back