E bay TRD grill

Just an update on the TRD replaced grill. I installed the TRD grill with not trouble. I ordered the garnish for that grill but didn't receive it. I proceeded to make a small piece of 3/16 " lexan to fit into the back side of the grill where the radar sensor is installed. I sprayed the back side of the plexiglass with some dark window tint. I also did the washer install as another member posted on the top screw of the radar module to change the position of the unit.
I think by doing it that way it looks a lot better than that over sized garnish. Oh yes I hot glued the plexiglass in position to keep it water tight. I have driven the Taco for hours in and out of traffic with no alarms and all works well with cruise control and lane departure functions.
Hope this helps you guys that are changing the grill.

Russ in Florida

Do you have any pics on how you cut the plexi for the sensor. I'm not a big fan of the one style cover.
Sorry for the delay....
I just measure the area that you need to cover the radar unit in the grill. Cut a piece of 1/8" plexiglass and hot glued the piece in. I sprayed the back of the plexiglass with lens coating to make it translucent looking from the front.
Hope this helps...

Back