Engine misfire

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Mel Bjork, May 12, 2022.

1. Mel Bjork

Mel Bjork Member

2008 tacoma 255,000 miles 4 cylinder, I got a PO301 code (#1 Cyl. misfire) I changed all four plugs and #1 ignition coil and all worked great for about 40 miles and then the same code came back. Not sure what my next step should be?

#1 cyl. compression is 140

I've been doing some research and I think I should replace the injectors. Has anyone used rebuilt injectors? I'm looking at them on Rockauto.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

I'd try running some injector cleaner in you're gas first. As far as changing injectors I'd only use Toyota OEM injectors.

B-Man likes this.
  4. OP
    Mel Bjork

Mel Bjork Member

I just installed new injectors and ignition coils and it's still missing?

5. Befoom

Befoom Member

Engine misfire can also happen if the fuel line is clogged. In order to prevent this from happening, make sure that the gas cap is always closed tightly. Also, make sure that the fuel filter is clean. Seeing 222

6. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Have you seen where the fuel filter is?

B-Man likes this.