fled from tacomaworld

I guess I still am a member on the 'other' site. Found it first, missed this site somehow. Still shaking my head over the reasoning or lack thereof on the other site. I think they need a massive delivery of Lithium over there. Just remember the catch phrase. "Did you test drive the truck before you bought it?" No, I bought the feckin' thing sight unseen. Idjits. Like every other buyer, in a half hour test drive I discovered EVERYTHING that there is to know, both good and bad, about the truck.

Thank you, I feel better now. Time to drink some Old Grand Dad 114. Nice group of helpful friendly people here.

I guess I still am a member on the 'other' site. Found it first, missed this site somehow. Still shaking my head over the reasoning or lack thereof on the other site. I think they need a massive delivery of Lithium over there. Just remember the catch phrase. "Did you test drive the truck before you bought it?" No, I bought the feckin' thing sight unseen. Idjits. Like every other buyer, in a half hour test drive I discovered EVERYTHING that there is to know, both good and bad, about the truck.

Thank you, I feel better now. Time to drink some Old Grand Dad 114. Nice group of helpful friendly people here.
EFE13E64-F9A8-4C8A-B039-1D94D6849BD8.gif

I know this is an old thread but I also went out seeking new tacoma forums because Tacoma World just sucks.

Everyone there just fabricates reason to judge you, replies non-stop snarky comments, and completely ignores the subject of your post.

For ex: Latest post I made was about the Toyota app when I got my Tacoma, and it telling me in order to decline "data transfer" I had to cancel the Wi-Fi subscription with AT&T and that AT&T said I had no Wi-Fi subscription.. and I asked if anybody had run into that same issue.

I got two replies. First one was a snarky reply saying "Nothing is free. Of course they're going to sell your driving data to companies." The next reply was "Am I wrong here? Doesn't Toyota da da da da da" Same thing basically.. just acting like I'm stupid for questioning the overlords of privacy breaching, when in all reality it was a simple A to B question.

I went to another Tacoma forum, posted exact question there verbatim (copy/pasted) .. Every reply was helpful, good natured, in good faith, and I got my question answered. (in case anyone is curious, someone said they pressed SOS and asked to have it disabled and they complied)

And one of the people who was in full agreement with me about wanting privacy was the super admin of the site. A welcome departure from the attitudes of the users at Tacoma World.

On Tacoma World every thread was like this. I found another post with someone asking something similar about tracking and it was filled with the same garbage. Just people taking shots at the OP because "ohh well if you have a smartphone they track you."

STAY AWAY from Tacoma World.

I know this is an old thread but I also went out seeking new tacoma forums because Tacoma World just sucks.

Everyone there just fabricates reason to judge you, replies non-stop snarky comments, and completely ignores the subject of your post.

For ex: Latest post I made was about the Toyota app when I got my Tacoma, and it telling me in order to decline "data transfer" I had to cancel the Wi-Fi subscription with AT&T and that AT&T said I had no Wi-Fi subscription.. and I asked if anybody had run into that same issue.

I got two replies. First one was a snarky reply saying "Nothing is free. Of course they're going to sell your driving data to companies." The next reply was "Am I wrong here? Doesn't Toyota da da da da da" Same thing basically.. just acting like I'm stupid for questioning the overlords of privacy breaching, when in all reality it was a simple A to B question.

I went to another Tacoma forum, posted exact question there verbatim (copy/pasted) .. Every reply was helpful, good natured, in good faith, and I got my question answered. (in case anyone is curious, someone said they pressed SOS and asked to have it disabled and they complied)

And one of the people who was in full agreement with me about wanting privacy was the super admin of the site. A welcome departure from the attitudes of the users at Tacoma World.

On Tacoma World every thread was like this. I found another post with someone asking something similar about tracking and it was filled with the same garbage. Just people taking shots at the OP because "ohh well if you have a smartphone they track you."

STAY AWAY from Tacoma World.
I have been on TW since early 2013 and other forums for many years. The stuff that happens on TW is the same in FB groups. Every post gets 80% bs replies. This has been getting worse over the past 5 years. There are still a lot of good members there that are helpful and courteous. I do think this group is better, % wise, at giving you a respectable answer to a question. Based on the increased volume on TW you have a larger pool of knowledge to pull info from. I know that the 3rd gen TW groups are the worst. I had a 3rd gen from 2016 to 2021 and I found ,and shared, tons of relevant information there. Now that I mainly work within the 2nd gen groups I find much less bs. I wouldn't fully leave TW however I do understand your concerns and agree with you. I have found much more tech info available there. In time this site will grow and have a larger pool of informative members. It just seems like this forum grows much slower.

I have been on TW since early 2013 and other forums for many years. The stuff that happens on TW is the same in FB groups. Every post gets 80% bs replies. This has been getting worse over the past 5 years. There are still a lot of good members there that are helpful and courteous. I do think this group is better, % wise, at giving you a respectable answer to a question. Based on the increased volume on TW you have a larger pool of knowledge to pull info from. I know that the 3rd gen TW groups are the worst. I had a 3rd gen from 2016 to 2021 and I found ,and shared, tons of relevant information there. Now that I mainly work within the 2nd gen groups I find much less bs. I wouldn't fully leave TW however I do understand your concerns and agree with you. I have found much more tech info available there. In time this site will grow and have a larger pool of informative members. It just seems like this forum grows much slower.

It's so good to hear someone else say that about FB groups, coz I experience the same thing and it's exactly the same on TW!

I did figure on just ignoring the people that were jerks but then the second reply came in and I had already joined a 4th gen Tacoma forum yesterday. I found this one coz whenever I have gripes I tend to search in search engines to see if there's anyone else that has the problem, and I found this post.

From what I can tell though this forum is pretty good. And yes, I still have the account on TW.

I wonder why this is a problem though and why it's getting worse? When I saw the 2nd reply today I thought about what I was told in the orientation messages of a networking group I belong to when I joined and that was "Before you post, think to yourself: Is what I'm saying adding any value to the conversation?" and I think that's a good guideline to go by. In that circumstance it's said because in that particular case anything you say will cause thousands of phones to get notifications.

It's so good to hear someone else say that about FB groups, coz I experience the same thing and it's exactly the same on TW!

I did figure on just ignoring the people that were jerks but then the second reply came in and I had already joined a 4th gen Tacoma forum yesterday. I found this one coz whenever I have gripes I tend to search in search engines to see if there's anyone else that has the problem, and I found this post.

From what I can tell though this forum is pretty good. And yes, I still have the account on TW.

I wonder why this is a problem though and why it's getting worse? When I saw the 2nd reply today I thought about what I was told in the orientation messages of a networking group I belong to when I joined and that was "Before you post, think to yourself: Is what I'm saying adding any value to the conversation?" and I think that's a good guideline to go by. In that circumstance it's said because in that particular case anything you say will cause thousands of phones to get notifications.
Not to disrespect or characterize an age group but there seems to be a new generation of smartazz arrogant people on social media. I am older and retired and, yes, I can be as big of a smartazz as the rest. There is a time and place to leave a well deserved jerk response. When someone is posting a question, either from lack of knowledge or in a rush for information, it is of no help to respond with "just google it" or "read your owners manual". Chances are that the poster probably did both and would prefer an answer based on real experience. I have owned 6 Tacoma and pre-Tacoma trucks and I have been very grateful to those that took the time to share time saving information. It does require thick skin to deal with all the know-it-all-but-don't-know-chit responders. It is so easy to get in a tit for tat argument with them. That is what they like.

Got banned for life on tw...after only being there for a short period. Recently found out I gave a bad review of some moderators taco after they showed pics what was done. They must of wanted some adulation, instead I thought it sucked. Gotta be very careful what you post on there. If someone doesn't like it, and complains, you're going on vacation, or worse. TW is nothing but a forum of mostly cry babies.

Thats only a first, or second 30 day warning. 3 strikes its for life. Being political is a big major no no. Any misinformation, or disinformation enough times, that the mods don't agree with, you're going to get a vacation. Last...dissing anyones posts, or pics is good for vacation time. Ask me how I know.

seems to me that the Mods at TW are apart of what they call the WOKE Liberal leaning crowd and will duly Ban based on that ideology, it seems to me that they give extraodinary more lenient breaks to the Lib gang than others. IMO

seems to me that the Mods at TW are apart of what they call the WOKE Liberal leaning crowd and will duly Ban based on that ideology, it seems to me that they give extraodinary more lenient breaks to the Lib gang than others. IMO
think you are onto something with that
i would say something but it would be just TOO much
plausible deniability!

think you are onto something with that
i would say something but it would be just TOO much
plausible deniability!
Jay why don't you ask tw if they think hunter should be a senior advisor now to the president in the Whitehouse?....your still a highly respected member over there...no?

Back