Fuel Economy

dkitsap

Just picked up a 2014 TRD DCLB. I'm curious to know if anyone has experimented with shifting between 4 and 4D to get better fuel economy. If so, what were the results? Any other tips on enhanced fuel economy? Thanks!

The truck is new so let it break in some. Mine had crap mileage for the first 10K or so. Then it got a little better. Then I started modding and it went to poop. The only thing that will help with mileage is a light foot and if you can find it, pure gas. FWIW I get 15 MPG.

2014 TRD Sport DCLB also. I get 20.8 mpg but my drive it all highway to work and back. I get down on it daily when merging onto highway too. I just put it in D and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

2011 dbl cab 4x4 4.0 averaging about 20 mpg in the spring and summer. It drops about 2 mpg in the winter.

yeah, but it used to be like 17+ (combined) with the lead foot. maybe I need new tires? all highway, no city at all I got 18 driving between 80-100 mph this weekend, but with city its like 16.5.

yeah, but it used to be like 17+ (combined) with the lead foot. maybe I need new tires? all highway, no city at all I got 18 driving between 80-100 mph this weekend, but with city its like 16.5.
Yeah...wont get any better unless you lighten the foot. Not really sure why you need to be pushing 100 mph, but that's none of my business. You say you work in construction, do you haul any equipment on a day to day basis?

Yeah...wont get any better unless you lighten the foot. Not really sure why you need to be pushing 100 mph, but that's none of my business. You say you work in construction, do you haul any equipment on a day to day basis?
well nothing that would make a difference. mostly shovels a hammer and a weedeater.

Back