Future 2019 sr5 owner

rocket

I'll be heading to the dealer tomorrow to put a cool grand as a down payment, 35 k for 45k on the clock.....but I'm paying for convenience, I could buy a 2022 for the same money but be put on a waiting list....thanks but no thanks I can barely wait the week for a change of vehicles.....
So Glad to be here, is any thing I should watch out for with the v6 2019's??

Depends on the trim level imo. I was going to buy a leftover 2019 sr5 but it didn't have everything i wanted. The dealer convinced me to buy a 2020 which i ordered. Been a great truck so far.

Depends on the trim level imo. I was going to buy a leftover 2019 sr5 but it didn't have everything i wanted. The dealer convinced me to buy a 2020 which i ordered. Been a great truck so far.
it's an sr5.....not many convenience in the package...navigation, ect,button satelite...am/fm/cd..

Thats pretty similar to my sr5 access cab except a different color and no tonneau cover. I ordered mine with a power sliding back window. I like your wheels better... wish mine were like that instead of black.

My 19 sr5 has been pretty much issue free. It's been recalled for the front radar and the fuel pump but both of those have been awhile ago now. Either way it was a recall so no cost to me. I've got one recall that I haven't had done yet, the seal on the third brake light on back of cab, mines not leaking so it hasn't been a high priority for me to rush in and get it fixed. You might check and make sure all the recalls have been taken care of before you take delivery. Other than the recalls I've had 0 issues, love the yota.

I thought the 3rd brake light seal that leaked was fixed before 2019 so your truck would of already been upgraded, just as my 2020 got the newer fuel pump when i ordered the truck. I still get false alerts with that front radar sensor. I wish toyota saved their money on this nanny bs., and past the savings on to us.

I thought the 3rd brake light seal that leaked was fixed before 2019 so your truck would of already been upgraded, just as my 2020 got the newer fuel pump when i ordered the truck. I still get false alerts with that front radar sensor. I wish toyota saved their money on this nanny bs., and past the savings on to us.
All I know about the third brake light is that I got the recall notice, mine isn't leaking so I haven't been that worried about it. As far as the radar thing mine is turned off so don't know if it really works or not. The couple of times that I used my radar cruise control it scared the crap out of me when it slammed on the brakes when someone changed lanes if front of me. There was really no emergency other than what it possibly created behind me by it slamming on the brakes. Since then I don't use it at all.

For the most part i have mine off also or at least the lowest sensitivity setting, but every once in a great while when i pass this certain stone wall on the roads here it goes off...there's nothing else around whats so weird. The other times it will drive you crazy is when in a snow squall. I guess the grill sensor gets covered with fresh snow, then it goes tapioca. Everything else with the drivetrain works slicker than goose poop on a wet lawn....couldn't be happier with the truck.

Can I shut the lane departure off as well?!
I’m old school alright just effing old!! But I was taught to drive not let a guidance system do it for me.
Yes it can be and mine is. I got tired of seeing the light on the dash change colors. I've even turned it off on my wife's Pacifica because on it it has steering inputs to stay in lane. While that may sound like a good idea to some you have to overcome the input to stay in lane when you want to change lanes or get off at an off ramp. I'm convinced that some accidents today are caused by people playing with or trying to see what these so called safety features will/won't do.

So I’ll probably figure it out when I take delivery. But is there a way to keep it off? Or does it reset every time you shut off the truck?

So I’ll probably figure it out when I take delivery. But is there a way to keep it off? Or does it reset every time you shut off the truck?
You can simply turn it off on the display screen between the tach and speedo. Flip to the screen for the lane departure, not sure that's the right name, and there you can adjust how sensitive you want it to be or simply turn it off. Will stay off till you reset it, it doesn't turn itself back on.

One off the weirdest things I found is how to adjust the brightness of you're dash lights. The stick that you push to reset you're trip mileage is also dash light control, twist to left to dim, right to brighten.

That’s good to know. Thanks
Our semi trucks have a button to press to shut off the lane assist. But it automatically resets every 15 minutes. So now to avoid the buzzer and warnings emitted you are constantly taken your eyes off the road to press the frigging button!! Yeah that’s safe!!

Back