gen2 blower motor...

Common problem, easy fix.

Not expensive. A bit of time, a bit of solder...........

Most difficult part will be reattaching the glove box damper. Even then you may not need to remove the glove box.

right now the '11 Taco is just a click click click for the motor fan... all fan speeds are still working

is it going to be breaking all together sooner or later like this truck did?

If you have all speeds on the blower, then the problem is NOT the resistor.

The click, click, click is most likely a piece of debris making contact with the blower fan. Does the click speed up with the blower settings on higher speeds? If so, most likely debris making contact with the fan.

Open the cabin filter door. You may be able to see and remove the debris.

At worst, you may need to remove the blower motor to gain access to clean out the debris.

FWIW, my Gen2 has had several similar issues when a maple tree seed falls off the cabin filter. There is a open duct work for the cabin air intake. Some people go to the trouble to open the cowl to place a mesh screen over the intake opening. They mainly do that for rodent prevention.

It isn't a big issue.

it sorta speeds up with higher speeds BUT the higher speeds sorta drowns out the click click click so that its not quite so irritating with the fan on

i have figured out how to access that cabin filter in the glovebox, is the debris behind that without having to take anything else apart and reassemble

The fan is downstream of the filter. So, the debris is in a place to make contact with the fan, meaning the debris is downstream of the filter.

You may not have enough access space through the filter slot. May need to use a flashlight and a mirror to see in there.

If you can't see, then you may need to remove the blower/motor assembly. Its only a few bolts and a wire connector.

I bet some debris got knocked down from removal of cabin filter at one time
I think a rodent was trying to make a nesting in there long time ago!

I bet some debris got knocked down from removal of cabin filter at one time
I think a rodent was trying to make a nesting in there long time ago!
Common issues.

Just takes a bit of initiative to solve this minor problem.

it sorta speeds up with higher speeds BUT the higher speeds sorta drowns out the click click click so that its not quite so irritating with the fan on

i have figured out how to access that cabin filter in the glovebox, is the debris behind that without having to take anything else apart and reassemble
gave it another gander...

the clicky noise dimmers down when fan speed is increased from the lowest 2 settings

Jay if you haven't removed anything yet. First check your wiring under glove box. They have a tendency to heat up and not make contact. So they only run on high for fan speed. Common for the 2nd Gen. I'd check that first

So, I'm curious.

Are you going to post about it or put hands on the blower to solve the noise????
When I have some downtime and it's much warmer than freezing

My gen1 has always made a chirpy fan motor sound usually during extreme humidity but hasn't chirped in nearly 2 years!

Jay if you haven't removed anything yet. First check your wiring under glove box. They have a tendency to heat up and not make contact. So they only run on high for fan speed. Common for the 2nd Gen. I'd check that first
I believe all speeds work from low to high at the moment
It's just a clicking noticed at the lowest two settings

I shall need to try and record an audio of it

I'd check that connection anyway. One more spot you won't have problems. Mine stopped working a while back. Mine would work on high. Now my blower still makes that same clicking yours makes. It the blower motor I'd say. I just haven't bought a new one for Old Blue. Still works after fixed wiring just make noise on low. He'll we both got well over 200, 000 before we had issues. Better than most.

whatcha know about this ?!?!

for 2 days now and that chirpy click click click from the heater went away, not one bit of odd noise

but i think it just moved to the engine compartment because that screechy click tick from whatever it is increased its decibel level in the 10 degree cold morning start-up and really did not go away until hours later with engine running around the town

Ahhh....just quit changing your oil. Soon all the troubles will solve themselves.

Maintenance and repairs are overrated and unnecessary.

The truck will run.

Back