General Maintenance/ Difficulty of repairs

Hello all,

I'm just researching tacomas since I may be purchasing one this fall. For a guy with a good socket set in 1/4" and 1/2" drives, some decent crescent wrenches, a rubber mallet, a torch and some wd-40 what would the hardest part be to repair/ replace? I do all of my own work on my personal vehicles so this will help in determining if tacos are right for me.
Thanks in advance people. I greatly appreciate it.

The hardest part is when you have to have someone else fix it for you. You can actually pick up a full repair manual from the dealer for around 300.

Alrighty. Engine internals and transmission are the only jobs that are over my head. As for the rest of the truck it seems pretty straight forward. That's why it's unlikely I'll buy American again. Too difficult to repair. I can rip apart my subaru with the simplest of tools and from what I've seen and read that seems to be the way with toyota as well. At least in the tacoma anyway. Does the repair manual from the dealer do a better job than Chilton or similar repair manuals?

Alrighty. Engine internals and transmission are the only jobs that are over my head. As for the rest of the truck it seems pretty straight forward. That's why it's unlikely I'll buy American again. Too difficult to repair. I can rip apart my subaru with the simplest of tools and from what I've seen and read that seems to be the way with toyota as well. At least in the tacoma anyway. Does the repair manual from the dealer do a better job than Chilton or similar repair manuals?
Same thing i think

Back