How many states have you driven your Tacoma through ?

Just got back from a 3636 mile trip. Tried something new. Long stints behind the wheel can produce drowsiness. Having recently had a full knee replacement I had some exercise bands sitting around. Looped 2 around my legs before getting in the cab. About every 20 minutes I did about three sets of 20 “curls” on each arm on straight sections of freeway. Better than Red Bull.
I know the feeling.

I know the feeling.
I hear there a a few long stretches of road in Texas.

From ‘76 thru 79, I covered 5 states and frequently found myself driving between Dallas and Midland at night. There was this dj broadcasting from the Panhandle and about midnight every night he’d play “Miles and Miles of Texas”…. “For all the truckers on I10 and I20.”

From ‘76 thru 79, I covered 5 states and frequently found myself driving between Dallas and Midland at night. There was this dj broadcasting from the Panhandle and about midnight every night he’d play “Miles and Miles of Texas”…. “For all the truckers on I10 and I20.”
Yes sir I know that stretch of highway fairly well. Just curious, your avatar picture with that cool little convertible is interesting. What's the back story ?

I just realized that stretch of highway is from Carmichael AFB (Ft Worth) to Ft Bliss (El Paso). about a 10 hour drive if memory serves me correctly.

Yes sir I know that stretch of highway fairly well. Just curious, your avatar picture with that cool little convertible is interesting. What's the back story ?
I have 2 highly modified Sunbeam Alpines. Started out as 1.7 liter 4 cylinder cars. I installed Ford 2.8 V6’s with 5 speed trans.

You may have heard of the Sunbeam Tiger that Carroll Shelby installed 260ci and later 289ci Ford V8’s. Couldn’t afford one of them.

I have 2 highly modified Sunbeam Alpines. Started out as 1.7 liter 4 cylinder cars. I installed Ford 2.8 V6’s with 5 speed trans.

You may have heard of the Sunbeam Tiger that Carroll Shelby installed 260ci and later 289ci Ford V8’s. Couldn’t afford one of them.
Niiiiiiice….

I try to to stay south of the Mason-Dixon line and east of The Mississippi and I don't go into state where my CWP doesn't have reciprocity or permit less carry isn't authorized.

adding South Carolina to the list of Taco Trails
clutched it over 200 miles from GA to NC
Relevant Road signs were missing or non-existent :confused: didn't know where exactly I was on several occasions and then my GPS battery flatlined LMAO

osm-intl,a,a,a,290x200@2x.png

Relevant Road signs were missing or non-existent :confused: didn't know where exactly I was on several occasions and then my GPS battery flatlined LMAO

View attachment 37417
As my old friend Gary Steffensmeier always says (Iowa Wrestling Hall of Fame; coached my sons in Missouri HS), "Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice"….

View attachment 37417
I hope you still have reliable map and compass in the glovebox Justin Case your GPS battery dies again.

View attachment 37417
Have ya bedded down for the night in North Carolina or are ya still pressing on towards Virginia ?

You're on a roll now Jay ! Where to next ?
believe it or believe it not that is basically the ONLY state border i crossed this past month that had an actual turnout for photo ops
the rest were either on a shoulder in traffic or no shoulder at all... so the rest will be absent of truck pic with the welcome to .... sign

RT
RT2, the mohawk trail from Greenfield, ma to north Adams, ma. is awesome in the fall. I've done many a street bike rides on it, not to mention off-road trail riding with friends from their home in Rowe.
I've taken rt23 from ma. all the way through the Catskills in ny state on my way to south new berlin ny for the motocross nationals. Nice scenic ride if in no hurry.

Back