How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Here's an updated pic of that 2nd gen at work, notice the overland gear has been removed and a bed cover added!

Attachments

• 20230317_101131.jpg
    20230317_101131.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 17
And then i leave Mcallister's for my Friday special Lent season Arby's fish sandwich (I'm not kidding you atheist day-dreamers) and I pull up beside an unbelievable gen3 cement gray 4-door Taco with a throw-back to the 70's "Roll-Bars". But they don't look like the old ones, these new roll-bars added a twist; It's now a 6-point connection roll over ball compared to the old 4-point connection. And it has a little cool fill-in for the sponsor. I say yuck ! Takes up to much bed space for loading/off-loading chit into your bed.
Yeah I like the old school roll bars myself! Kinda like the one Colt Seavers had! Lol! Remember The Fall Guy?!?

Wow that is a beautiful Tacoma. Love the added bed cover. Love the Predator running boards. Great looking rig.
I had predator running boards on my tacoma, but removed them after both my wife, and myself nearly broke our necks slipping off them during the winter when heavy slush, and ice would pile up on them. Thought they would make getting in, and out of the truck easier, instead more dangerous in winter.

Interested in Jay's or Tacojoel's thoughts on that pre Tacoma I posted a picture of!
It's a nice truck, but I'm not a fan of big ass tires and lifts, plus all the other bs mounted on it. I like plain clean looking vehicles. We got guys like that here with $10k worth of aftermarket hardware, and big ass mud sucker tires that never see a day off-road.

So I stopped by taco-bell for a taco today and I parked besides the most beautiful gen1 SR5 that I have ever seen in my life (no offense Jay lol). This sweet rig looked like it just rolled off teh assembly line.

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
So I'm driving home from church today and off in the distance I spot what appears to be a Tacoma in a deserted parking lot. Sure enough, its a gen3 extended cab painted in the Toyota racing stripes. Not sure what is was doing parked in the middle of nowhere but it was so freaking cool….

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
So I'm driving home from church today and off in the distance I spot what appears to be a Tacoma in a deserted parking lot. Sure enough, its a gen3 extended cab painted in the Toyota racing stripes. Not sure what is was doing parked in the middle of nowhere but it was so freaking cool….
Some wannabe wanted to be noticed, and they were.

I didn't want to park here but the spaces were limited at my Mom's condo
View attachment 36474

did you have a back-up camera to assist you LOL

any troubles with clutching it back into that spot? ... i seem to have to make several attempts doing that to get as close to the curb as possible with no camera assist and a tired clutch...

did you have a back-up camera to assist you LOL

any troubles with clutching it back into that spot? ... i seem to have to make several attempts doing that to get as close to the curb as possible with no camera assist and a tired clutch...

My backup camera is hit or miss if its going to work or not. It usually comes on after I've completed my maneuvers. I'm old school using mirrors. It bugs my Wife that it doesn't work and I say to her "Baby, you've been driving longer than I have especially manual". She is a few years older than me and British so manual is second nature to her.

Out and about today and spotted this nice little gen2 SR5 2wd. After market rims caught me eye but why is there a cubby hole above the rear trie and not behind it ?

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
Another sweet gen2 SR5 PreRunner with nice chrome bumber and running boards. And there's that "Texas Edition" badge. Nice….

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Back