How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Was at Lowe's this morning and noticed this mint condition, gen1 SR5 access cab. Everything about this pickup truck says classic. Everything original. Niiiiiiiiiice.

Attachments

• image0-9 copy.jpeg
    image0-9 copy.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
So after Lowe's I stopped by Wallymart and saw this QuicksandTan SR5. Now this is a workin man's truck coz look at those boots under the rear window and that side tool-box. Niiiiiiiiice.

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • image1 copy.jpeg
    image1 copy.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • image2 copy.jpeg
    image2 copy.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Stopped at a tire shop in downtown Mesquite, Texas on my way home from work today because unfortunately the Taco is in dire need for some new tires on the front plus I've been noticing the passenger side rear tire has been having a slow leak here lately, been having to air it up every 3 - 4 weeks or so! Unfortunately they didn't have any 215/70R15 tires in stock because new vehicles don't come with 15 inch tires any more so they had to order them and I'll have to go back for them tomorrow but I was able to get the passenger side rear fixed!

Anyhow while I was standing there waiting for the guy to fix my tire this beautiful pre Tacoma pulled in! I talked to the owner of it when I went inside to pay my bill, he said it's an '89 and he built it from the frame up! He put the bed on it everything! He said he also has an '02 and an '04, one of them got totaled, I can't remember which one, because it was parked in front of his house and some kid came hauling ass down the road and slammed into it! I told him about this forum he said he's looked at a lot of forums! I took these pics while the guy was pulling it on the rack!

Attachments

• 20230531_162550.jpg
    20230531_162550.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230531_162554.jpg
    20230531_162554.jpg
  • 20230531_162611.jpg
    20230531_162611.jpg
Last edited:
While I was leaving the tire shop I saw this beauty so I whipped the Taco around and snapped this pic!

I'm starting to figure out that the trick must be to not particularly be on the lookout for any Tacos, because I saw 2 of them today at a local small mom and pop tire shop today! Lol!

Attachments

• 20230531_163942.jpg
    20230531_163942.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
So today the wife needed some last minute snack items from Kroger for our Biloxi trip tomorrow and I spotted this magnificent gen2, 2017 BlazingBluePearl SR5 doublecab. The owner came out and said it has 67,000 miles and is his daily driver. He rolled back the bed cover and popped open the tailgate and showed me these really cool "swing-out" tool boxes. Very nice looking pickup truck.

I'll be on the road the next few days and won't be taking pictures of other Tacomas to park next to coz my wife insists on driving her car this time to Biloxi. It's my mothers 80th birthday tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
So today the wife needed some last minute snack items from Kroger for our Biloxi trip tomorrow and I spotted this magnificent gen2, 2017 BlazingBluePearl SR5 doublecab. The owner came out and said it has 67,000 miles and is his daily driver. He rolled back the bed cover and popped open the tailgate and showed me these really cool "swing-out" tool boxes. Very nice looking pickup truck.

I'll be on the road the next few days and won't be taking pictures of other Tacomas to park next to coz my wife insists on driving her car this time to Biloxi. It's my mothers 80th birthday tomorrow. :)
Ain't that a 3rd gen?? Nice looking rig and I really like those tool boxes! Maybe I should consider something like that for my 1st gen!

Enjoy your trip and Happy Birthday to your mom! Maybe you can get some pics of some Tacos while you're there even though you ain't taking your Taco! I don't have my Taco in the pictures that I take of other Tacos! Just a suggestion, you know.

Went back to the tire shop this afternoon on the way home to get them new treads put on the front of the Taco! While I was sitting in the front office waiting for it and talking to the guy up there I spotted this nice 1st gen driving by and barely was able to snap this pic of it! Damn I guess I need to go hang out that little tire shop to get some pics of Tacos! Lmao!

Attachments

• 20230601_165659.jpg
    20230601_165659.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 2
Ain't that a 3rd gen?? Nice looking rig and I really like those tool boxes! Maybe I should consider something like that for my 1st gen!

Enjoy your trip and Happy Birthday to your mom! Maybe you can get some pics of some Tacos while you're there even though you ain't taking your Taco! I don't have my Taco in the pictures that I take of other Tacos! Just a suggestion, you know.
Thanks Taco Man and you are absolutely correct. That is a 3rd gen. I don't know what the heck I was thinking.

Went back to the tire shop this afternoon on the way home to get them new treads put on the front of the Taco! While I was sitting in the front office waiting for it and talking to the guy up there I spotted this nice 1st gen driving by and barely was able to snap this pic of it! Damn I guess I need to go hang out that little tire shop to get some pics of Tacos! Lmao!
Wow that's a great looking Tacoma. Great condition too.

Was at Lowe's this morning and noticed this mint condition, gen1 SR5 access cab. Everything about this pickup truck says classic. Everythingpter original. Niiiiiiiiiice.
Was it MT, I don't recall if the P had MT
Stopped at a tire shop in downtown Mesquite, Texas on my way home from work today because unfortunately the Taco is in dire need for some new tires on the front plus I've been noticing the passenger side rear tire has been having a slow leak here lately, been having to air it up every 3 - 4 weeks or so! Unfortunately they didn't have any 215/70R15 tires in stock because new vehicles don't come with 15 inch tires any more so they had to order them and I'll have to go back for them tomorrow but I was able to get the passenger side rear fixed!

Anyhow while I was standing there waiting for the guy to fix my tire this beautiful pre Tacoma pulled in! I talked to the owner of it when I went inside to pay my bill, he said it's an '89 and he built it from the frame up! He put the bed on it everything! He said he also has an '02 and an '04, one of them got totaled, I can't remember which one, because it was parked in front of his house and some kid came hauling ass down the road and slammed into it! I told him about this forum he said he's looked at a lot of forums! I took these pics while the guy was pulling it on the rack!
Whut kind of shoes did ya get on the taco?
I will need some new tires soon too

Thanks Taco Man and you are absolutely correct. That is a 3rd gen. I don't know what the heck I was thinking.
No problem, I saw the tell-tale sign on the tailgate that somebody on here told me about and was a little confused also noticed you said the year was a 2017 and thought hmmmm.......!

Mississippi?

Was it MT, I don't recall if the P had MT

Whut kind of shoes did ya get on the taco?
I will need some new tires soon too
Not exactly sure I can't pronounce it, I'll have to go outside and look at them again or maybe take some pics of them and post them on here later!

I decided I'd rather not go to Discount Tire for them because they want to try to sell you a bunch of sh*t you don't need! Quick story my mom took her 2016 Camry to Discount Tire to get a flat fixed and they literally sold her a whole new set of rims! They gave her this whole song and dance sales pitch that the factory rims that came on the car would cause the brakes to overheat faster, which I call bullsh*t!!! It really pisses me off that they ripped off my mother like that because she doesn't have much money! I told her "Mom they were just out to sell you a set of rims!"

Back