How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Stopped by Kroger today for the wife's favorite bottle of bubbly when I spotted this clean and straight late 80's Toyota pickup truck extended cab. Wow this is one beautiful, well preserved machine. It's so…..clean :)

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
I agree joel, you ole timers would know better than me. It does have the characteristics of the 85 Taco from "Back to the Future" movie, just in a 2WD configuration. :)
I never had any 2wd toyota pickups of that era, just trying to recall how the 4wd's looked. I had a couple of them in the 80's. Rust was a big, big problem.

I had a crazy encounter with an all black 3rd gen tacoma this morning while leaving the grocery mart. This tacoma cut me off in the parking lot then took the further exit to the main road, while I took my usual route from this parking lot to the same road. Well, this is where it got interesting. Lo, and behold, this same black tacoma comes up speeding behind me right on my bumper. I look in my rear view mirror, and this guy is in some kind of a big hurry. I slow down a little just to piss him off more. I could see he's having a chit fit. He followed me to within a 1/2 mile on the main road till the turn off dirt road that leads to my home. Never saw this truck before.

I had a crazy encounter with an all black 3rd gen tacoma this morning while leaving the grocery mart. This tacoma cut me off in the parking lot then took the further exit to the main road, while I took my usual route from this parking lot to the same road. Well, this is where it got interesting. Lo, and behold, this same black tacoma comes up speeding behind me right on my bumper. I look in my rear view mirror, and this guy is in some kind of a big hurry. I slow down a little just to piss him off more. I could see he's having a chit fit. He followed me to within a 1/2 mile on the main road till the turn off dirt road that leads to my home. Never saw this truck before.

did you get a glance at the plates?

Idk what that would tell you. It had regular connecticut plates like mine.
IDK!! it could be out-of-state plates
those NE border states are so close together lol
i can drive 300+ miles around here in the GP and still not be at the border!

IDK!! it could be out-of-state plates
those NE border states are so close together lol
i can drive 300+ miles around here in the GP and still not be at the border!
Not likely seeing out of state plates at a supermarket 9 am in the morning....maybe for out of town folks. This just a local place to shop for groceries.

So today I stopped by Walmart just to see what ammunition prices are these days and I see a great looking Maroon gen2 TRD Sport PreRunner access cab. Rusty looking trailer hitch but otherwise a great daily driver. :)

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Back