Humble and Proud Weekend

Rock62

This weekend always humbles me and makes me immensely proud to be an American.

I am humbled by all the soldiers who have defended our freedom.

My family has been fortunate and has not been called to give all. My father was in the Army Air Corp during WW2 flying a P-47 Thunderbolt in the European theater. My oldest brother was a Marine stationed on the USS Constellation during Vietnam. Brother #2 was in the Navy stationed on the USS White Plains during Vietnam. When my time came, only registration was required.

The power our country can generate is nothing short of phenomenal. If you have doubts, look how the USA entered and exited WW2.

I am proud of what this nation has done for itself and the world. Yes, some good, some not so good. But all in all, we live in a better world. The numerous countries we defend and support. The amazing inventions produced in this nation. The capabilities we have in this nation. The freedoms we enjoy and take for granted. Our right to choose and to become what we want to become.

Take time this weekend to remember and honor those who have protected us.

It grieves me to no end the direction this nation is taking. Our current leaders and citizens have lost focus.

If you can, try to refocus. Help our leaders to return to the purpose of their elected office. Help people to turn away from the negativity and false positive.

We need honor and integrity to return.

Sorry for the soap box. In no way, is this intended to be a political post.

a very long-time friend of the family that had a HS graduation for her oldest grandson informed that her youngest daughters husband in the Army was stuck at the southern border on rescue

a 3 month old infant died in his arms that he tried rescuing crossing illegally from the other side

he is NOT re-enlisting because of the major FCKS the US Goverment put this sovereign nation into by NOT securing the border from illegal border jumpers that have NO sense to goto the legal port of immigration such as i had to recently

a very long-time friend of the family that had a HS graduation for her oldest grandson informed that her youngest daughters husband in the Army was stuck at the southern border on rescue

a 3 month old infant died in his arms that he tried rescuing crossing illegally from the other side

he is NOT re-enlisting because of the major FCKS the US Goverment put this sovereign nation into by NOT securing the border from illegal border jumpers that have NO sense to goto the legal port of immigration such as i had to recently
See that. You went about it all wrong. Haven't you paid attention, that there's now a very simple way to cross our borders.

Last edited:
Back