Humming in a rotation every 3 to 5 seconds

Cody16taco

I have a 16 Toyota Tacoma. New to the forum! Has 3 inch Procomp lift i've recently been hearing a rotational hum sounds like the front diff. I did drop the front of the diff with the lift kit. Sounds like the driver side needle bearings. Does anyone know what type of kid I need to get rid of noise?

Thanks

groaning/grinding NOISE from the DS? You will need the aftermarket needle bearing if you have a lift.
If you don't t have a lift The TSB fix is to just replace the bearing with an identical part.

I want to do a lift kit, but sooo glad i didnt with my 2016 Trd OR. Most people have this bearing noise after lifting their trucks. And know some people have removed their lifts because of this problem. Id go nuts listening to a needle bearing hum so will avoid that trap for now.

I want to do a lift kit, but sooo glad i didnt with my 2016 Trd OR. Most people have this bearing noise after lifting their trucks. And know some people have removed their lifts because of this problem. Id go nuts listening to a needle bearing hum so will avoid that trap for now.
Is a easy fix... with a aftermarket needle bearing.. dealer instal tans and people never hear the noise anymore.. and actually if the dealer does the lift they will tell you to do that... under the tbs warranty cover that,trucks with not lift have same problem.. is a poorly needle bearing design I thought. So if you really want to lifted doit,my recommendation is not more than 3 inch.

Last edited:
Is a easy fix... with a aftermarket needle bearing.. dealer instal tans and people never hear the noise anymore.. and actually if the dealer does the lift they will tell you to do that... under the tbs warranty cover that,trucks with not lift have same problem.. is a poorly needle bearing design I thought. So if you really want to lifted doit,my recommendation is not more than 3 inch.

Already ordered the bushing going to have the dealer install it next Monday. Seems like it's pretty straightforward to do. I could do it myself, but I want the dealer to do it. Thanks for your guys help! I feel like a 3 inch lift is perfect.

Am i to believe dealer will install this aftermarket bushing under warranty? Or are you paying dealership rates for labor to install it? I was told dealer will only replace the bearing with toyota bearing, which isnt a real fix.

Yes Sir... Dealer cover labor... I have to pay for the aftermarket part that Toyota dealer recommended for the truck that is lifted.. Toyota Larry H miller here in Utah

Just got done installing the ECGS bushing. The rumbling and light vibration is completely gone. I'm very happy and well worth it. We followed the video on their website and had no problems. While removing the old needle bearing the inside edge cracked off but it still came right out. The tool worked just as described and we think it was a tad crooked when we started pulling it out is all. I have a pic if anyone wants to see. I'm back to completely loving my truck again!

Just got done installing the ECGS bushing. The rumbling and light vibration is completely gone. I'm very happy and well worth it. We followed the video on their website and had no problems. While removing the old needle bearing the inside edge cracked off but it still came right out. The tool worked just as described and we think it was a tad crooked when we started pulling it out is all. I have a pic if anyone wants to see. I'm back to completely loving my truck again!

I'm glad it fixed the vibration/hum. Can't wait for it to fix mine (parts are on the way). Share the pic, I wanna take a look at it. Thanks.

I got impatient and did it myself. It was cake! Humming is completely gone!! Took me about 45 mins or so (with a lift) I am also back to loving my truck again! I broke mine taking it out, attached photo so everyone can see!
Thanks!

Attachments

• 16466765_1439449256065275_588951398_o.jpg
    16466765_1439449256065275_588951398_o.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 23
Nice work! Glad you got it back to normal. Mine is still driving great. No noise at all. Mine cracked exactly the same way.

Back