In Bed outlet open ground, low volt

Oh man.....those testers are not good for automotive work. I thought you were using a Voltmeter with Resistance functions................

Thats why I offered the partial wiring diagram.............

I still say there is a ground in the system. Although, I'd check with the Ohm function on a multi-meter.

I hate to admit it but I’m not the most current on electrical issues (no pun intended ). I do okay on standard house circuits but when it comes to measuring resistance I need more experience. By checking outlets in different vehicles with my tester (120v house type tester) and getting the same result I feel it is wired properly.

Those inverter circuit boards have their own common grounds, and hot grounds designed for their circuity components. What you end up with, is with a polarized ac source.

I'm sure those statements are accurate.

A resistance measurement between the plug's ground and the vehicle frame should indicate very low Ohm reading. If it indicates infinity or open circuit, then one could conclude the ground is NFG.

Oh man.....those testers are not good for automotive work. I thought you were using a Voltmeter with Resistance functions................

Thats why I offered the partial wiring diagram.............

I still say there is a ground in the system. Although, I'd check with the Ohm function on a multi-meter.
The ground on an AC system is an earth ground. Kind of hard to ground an AC circuit when it's on tires and moves around.

Your vehicles chassis is the ground, as is your 12 volt batteries negative post.I wouldn't be surprised if toyota uses an isolation transformer for these inverters.

Your vehicles chassis is the ground, as is your 12 volt batteries negative post.I wouldn't be surprised if toyota uses an isolation transformer for these inverters.
Applies to the DC system. Just for giggles connect an AC ground to a DC system. Report back.

Back