It's Midnight; what are my fellow Tacoma owners doing ?

So where's TexasBigBlue?? I know he seemed to be a little pissed off and was getting tired of the bs! I hate to see him leave the forum! I like talking to him and everybody on here!
is he out wheelin' his new '24 Taco?

I need to get something with better mpg than my Taco! This 60 mile round trip commute is hitting me where it really hurts, right in the f**king wallet! I'm seriously considering a used Corolla or possibly a 4 banger Camry! I'm not sure which, the Camry is a bit more roomy, which would be better for a pretty good size ol' boy like myself! I'm keeping my Taco though to drive on weekends and to have a spare vehicle and not just for the mpg but also I would like to avoid running the mileage up on the Taco as well! Also my mom has a 2016 Camry and I'm thinking if she needs to put her car in the shop for a day or two I'll just leave off my car for her to drive and take the Taco to work! So with that in mind a Camry may be better than a Corolla because I think it would easier for my parents to get in and out of because they're both older and not in the best of shape, my dad has Parkinson's and gets around with a walker! Anyway that's what's on my mind right now!

I didn't hear about Jay getting a new '24 Taco neither. How are you liking it so far Jay??
I assumed jay broke down, and got one. Why else would he be posting basic oil change videos for them here, not to mention he's been on the gen4 threads on tw. You just don't do that stuff unless you now own one.
I need to get something with better mpg than my Taco! This 60 mile round trip commute is hitting me where it really hurts, right in the f**king wallet! I'm seriously considering a used Corolla or possibly a 4 banger Camry! I'm not sure which, the Camry is a bit more roomy, which would be better for a pretty good size ol' boy like myself! I'm keeping my Taco though to drive on weekends and to have a spare vehicle and not just for the mpg but also I would like to avoid running the mileage up on the Taco as well! Also my mom has a 2016 Camry and I'm thinking if she needs to put her car in the shop for a day or two I'll just leave off my car for her to drive and take the Taco to work! So with that in mind a Camry may be better than a Corolla because I think it would easier for my parents to get in and out of because they're both older and not in the best of shape, my dad has Parkinson's and gets around with a walker! Anyway that's what's on my mind right now!
I did roughly the same 60 mile round trip to a new lawyer starting at 9am this morning till returning this noon. I know my 2020 isn't our prius, but I still registered 22.7 mpg on the dash led screen. If you've ever owned a tundra, you'd be jumping for joy with that fuel economy figure. Btw, worst we've seen with the prius is 46 mpg.:oops:

I assumed jay broke down, and got one. Why else would he be posting basic oil change videos for them here, not to mention he's been on the gen4 threads on tw. You just don't do that stuff unless you now own one.

I did roughly the same 60 mile round trip to a new lawyer starting at 9am this morning till returning this noon. I know my 2020 isn't our prius, but I still registered 22.7 mpg on the dash led screen. If you've ever owned a tundra, you'd be jumping for joy with that fuel economy figure. Btw, worst we've seen with the prius is 46 mpg.:oops:
Yeah I get that a Tundra would get way worse fuel economy than the Tacoma because you're taking about a v8 versus a v6 or in my case a 4 banger!

I know the Prius gets really great fuel economy! How's the interior room?? Are they cramped at all??

The our 2012 prius has a surprising amount of interior room. Idk about the latest generation of them. The wife hasn't decided yet whether to buy another one this fall, or buy a hybrid rave4. As far as it feeling cramped....I'm 5'10'', and it's fine for me. I don't notice any difference vs my 2020 taco, except feeling like I'm sitting 4'' off the asphalt.
As for a 4 cylinder gen3 tacoma ...just my opinion, but these 4wd trucks are too heavy when powered by a 2.7 160 hp engine. I've done a lot of power to weight ratio builds in the past, and these 4 banger gen3 4wd tacoma's don't cut it.

Last edited:
Understand where you’re coming from on that round trip mileage. I moved back in January & now my drive is 105 miles round trip. My Taco is a 2016 2 wd with 4 banger. I can hit right at 23 mpg if I keep my speed pegged at 60 mph. It’s hard to drive that speed when everyone is traveling 75 mph plus on the interstate. If I drive the speed limit my mileage drops to 20-21 mpg. Work only 6 hrs a day & my 1st hour pays for my gas that day. Kick back job so I hate to quit the museum where I work. But I do hate those gas station stops…

When I'm on summer fuel, thats when I get my best mpg....same for keeping it under 60 mph. My 4wd 3.5 v6 just glides along effortlessly barely touching the go pedal as long as I keep speeds under 60 while getting 22-23 mpg. I'm sure if I had the 2wd version of the same truck it'd be a bit more as you'd be several hundred lbs lighter.

47 days of No TexasBigBlue
what happened to him??
:oops: where did he go wanderin' off to

Yes he did. If I didn't know better, both you guys are addicted to that stuff.....it's like being back in kindergarten all over again.

Back