Jaw drop oil change

Got the notification Saturday it was time for an oil change. I went to Firestone to get it changed and was told my 17 Taco takes a specific synthetic oil. Needless to say an hour later turned out to be a $90 oil change. Is this normal or did I choose the wrong place to get it changed? If so what’s your suggestions on locations? I don’t do Walmart
A TOYOTA DEALER just charged me $54 for an oil change. 2020 off road.

The only way for me to beat $54 DIY is buying oil at significant discount when they go on sale at Costco, Walmart, etc. I'm still using Mobil 1 0W-30 bought in 2020 :D
Exactly. It cost me a bit over $60 buying two 5 qt jugs of mobil 1 0w-20 extended service motor oil at walmart, plus using a genuine toyota cartridge filter. At least the next time i only need to buy 1 jug of motor oil. I have another filter, and left over oil, so the next change shouldn't be more than $30.

Got the notification Saturday it was time for an oil change. I went to Firestone to get it changed and was told my 17 Taco takes a specific synthetic oil. Needless to say an hour later turned out to be a $90 oil change. Is this normal or did I choose the wrong place to get it changed? If so what’s your suggestions on locations? I don’t do Walmart
My Tundra, and Honda cost roughly $80 at an oil change place. My cousin has a 2003 and just bought two five gallon containers of synthetic oil and a couple of filters online for, I think he said $15. He's going to see how messy it is because it doesn't take the screw on filter. I think I'll follow his lead if he thinks it's worth it. I'm tired of paying that much money.

I went to the dealer today to try and get an oil change at 3k. He said not till 10k. I said damn! Only rotated & balanced tires and inspection. Idk if i feel comfortable leaving it that long, especially since I don’t drive it much
I have under 10,000 miles and had oil changed 3x already because of engine break in. This is old school thinking but I still believe in it. I insist on Every 3,000 miles. If I’m paying they shouldn’t have a problem doing it.

Toyota says 10K.......lotsa folks do 5K.........I'm kinda OCD and some are gonna say I'm wasting money but I do every 3K.......I'm sure the oil will go further but filter breakdown bothers me a bit! My thinking is the oil is the life-blood of your engine......keep 'er clean and you'll extend the life of that engine!
I do my oil change every 3,000 too. It’s cheaper to than an engine! I want to be in the 500,000 mile club someday!

I have under 10,000 miles and had oil changed 3x already because of engine break in. This is old school thinking but I still believe in it. I insist on Every 3,000 miles. If I’m paying they shouldn’t have a problem doing it.
Due to working from home in 2020, I once changed the oil after 1300 miles, because it hit the 6-mo. calendar limit :D

I don't drive my truck often, but when I do, I pin the engine 1200 rpm past redline...

Back