Looking for bed rails

Found this toyota part number that is for a taco long bed...PT278-35100-LB...looks like both rails together will cost under $100.00. Don't know what shipping, and tax will be. I guessing any hardware isn't included.

Last edited:
That part # keeps coming up for a 5' short bed. Didn't you request a 6' long bed?

did you find something special for your rig that is > 75$ to see if the no-extra shipping deal is real or is not real

Found this toyota part number that is for a taco long bed...PT278-35100-LB...looks like both rails together will cost under $100.00. Don't know what shipping, and tax will be. I guessing any hardware isn't included.

where U find that part#
i typed that in and does not look genuine!

did you find something special for your rig that is > 75$ to see if the no-extra shipping deal is real or is not real
Told you once before my truck needs nothing. Besides I'd take the wife out to dinner first before blowing $75 on something stupid my truck doesn't need.

Told you once before my truck needs nothing. Besides I'd take the wife out to dinner first before blowing $75 on something stupid my truck doesn't need.
ItI will eventually need something or other
Find it and make it your mission to save good coin

Maybe a toyota accessory part number. Doesn't mean it's wrong. Toyota does use different part number variations depending on their vehicle systems depending if the number had been updated at some point. I understand these rails fit a wide range of year long bed models, not only a gen3.

Last edited:
I have no clue honestly!
Maybe the filter got me on that dealer sight
It does that at times and I have to change filters

College is much different. My college ride was a 14 yo Buick Electra 225. Far from new, many miles. All my $$$ were spent on housing, books, tuition, bus fare......

MrBluesky, I'll offer a bit of advice from a person who has lived several lifetimes.
Just drive the truck as is, be thankful for a reliable 3 yo ride. Focus on your major, the $$$ will come. Be patient, focus on studies.

Good Luck.

A tonneau cover is a must have
And the rails are apparently needed for the installation of this cover

ok. at the risk of sacrificing some brain cells.

Please explain why "a tonneau cover is a must have." I am curious.

Could it be to properly cover and secure the bed from prying eyes?
Are these covers lockable?

A tonneau cover isn't a must, but it is nice to have during bad/rainy weather when carrying stuff in your bed....all stays nice, and dry, plus its way easier to push a ft of snow off it, rather than shovel out your bed. I never had one till my 2020 tacoma, and wished I did. Their not totally theft proof, but once latched down, and tailgate locked, its a bit of work to get inside the bed if a thief wanted enough to. The Toyota tacoma trifold tonneau cover is only available when you, or the dealer request the truck from toyota. Other than that you have to find someone selling a used one, or buy an aftermarket.

Back