MLB thread

drove by the K today whilst the White Sox in town
KC pound upon them badly
not many were in the upper stands that one can see from highWay 70

Royals beat the White Sox again last night on some weird bases loaded BalkOff
i did not understand what the pitcher did wrong to get that called on him

Thats what can happen when you run the the pitch clock to a second while on the rubber then don't allow yourself to make that hesitation before going to home plate.....result is a balk.

I think it was one of baseball's best ideas to speed up the games. Before a pitch clock, it was ridiculous how long a batter, and pitcher could take before getting ready for the next ball to be thrown, especially if the batter fouled one off.

its called strategy...

no need to speed things up, you don't have to keep watching, you can get up and leave at anytime you so choose

Well I got news, even the umpires want to go home. They didn't approve how long these games were drawn out either. Like it, or not this is how it will be. Also these new rules that have been put in place help make the game more athletic, rather than who could hit the most taters wins.

then they ought to LIMIT the # of foul balls per at-bat

3 fouls and you are OUT

sometime i like to go get a chicago dog and know that not much may be missed in my absence

i don't believe these characters have won a WS in 40 years since 1983 (i was a happy Chicago Cubs fan back then)

1694035482222.png

Back in the day, a friend of mine played on the O's triple A team as a shortstop during boog powell's time. Said they had an outstanding organization at that time.

Royals going for the 3 sweep on white Sox
Then it's off to Canada for the weekend then back to Chicago WS

PLaY BaLL :(

Watch the red sox strike out at least 15 times in a loss last night. Don't they realize chasing balls 3 ft out of the strike zone are un-hittable.

KC Royals could lose #100 in Canada
they have 97 after last night

they may hold the record for most 100 loss seasons
research will be needid to see if so

Another hard loss for the Red Sox...at least they gave themselves a chance in the 9th. They just can't beat any teams with an above .500 winning percentage. One thing is going to get interesting....the battle for the cellar with the american league east yankees coming next.

Another hard loss for the Red Sox...at least they gave themselves a chance in the 9th. They just can't beat any teams with an above .500 winning percentage. One thing is going to get interesting....the battle for the cellar with the american league east yankees coming next.

yankees still under .500?

that is unheard of o_O

Back