my 5th Tacoma an probably last before I retire or kick the bucket

OMG , I just found out my 2013 Tacoma I traded in for my new 2021 Tacoma pro that I love , had a hole in frame dam it , dealership salesman let me know that they had someone interested in buying my old truck but needed a proper inspection , and they pulled rear wheel off an notice a spot on frame behind tire , they did hammer test and it opened a hole up , they cant sell truck to be road worthy , there selling at auction for parts , the recall ran out lest year but I was unaware of any issue , truck looked perfect on outside no issues , to those with a 2014 or newer , get it checked , my truck 2013 looked great but never received any recall notice , only owned for about 5 to 6 years , I could not believe how lucky I got not to be in an accident or anything because of this .

OMG , I just found out my 2013 Tacoma I traded in for my new 2021 Tacoma pro that I love , had a hole in frame dam it , dealership salesman let me know that they had someone interested in buying my old truck but needed a proper inspection , and they pulled rear wheel off an notice a spot on frame behind tire , they did hammer test and it opened a hole up , they cant sell truck to be road worthy , there selling at auction for parts , the recall ran out lest year but I was unaware of any issue , truck looked perfect on outside no issues , to those with a 2014 or newer , get it checked , my truck 2013 looked great but never received any recall notice , only owned for about 5 to 6 years , I could not believe how lucky I got not to be in an accident or anything because of this .
Its a reason why no matter what year these tacoma's are they need to be rust proofed with something along the lines with cosmoline, or fluid flim. You need to get inside those frame cavities the sooner the better, especially if living in the salt belt states.

Its a reason why no matter what year these tacoma's are they need to be rust proofed with something along the lines with cosmoline, or fluid flim. You need to get inside those frame cavities the sooner the better, especially if living in the salt belt states.
Fluid film wreaks nasty
But That cosmoline has a sweet odor, WoolWax has much less odor
All I ever did for 20+ years is try to hose the salt off at the wand wash when it started activating
Black truck, white salty haze, wake up black again gotta hit that wash
I never heard of these self applied stuffs, not ever!

I've had small toyota 4x4 sr5 pickups till 2001. Except for the bs nanny electronics on this gen3, there's no comparison how it performs on the road vs those older pickups. The gen3 tacoma is so much better on snow covered roads with way more power. I don't do off road stuff anymore, so there's really no need for a smaller truck. If this truck had a bed with at least 48'' between the wheel wells like my old tundra, it'd be perfect.

I just had my '16 frame checked and they use CRC sealer undercoat which soaks into the steel and when they did the recall repair on the roof brake light it had leaked water and now I'm getting new carpet , headliner all gaskets , and they will pull the seats and professionally clean them and he said they will run an ionizer in the truck after its scrubbed down inside to kill any mold spores. And he said the cat piss smell will go away on rainy days forever !!! SWEEEET !

Back