My new Tacoma

So, here's my story on how I ended up with a Tacoma...

I was wanting a Ford Maverick, but with all the price gouging on any that were on a dealer lot, I decided to order one. On Sept 15th the order banks opened, but the salesman screwed up the order, so it didn't actually get submitted until Monday, which is the day Ford closed the order bank. Then the salesman tells me the dealership submitted over 200 Maverick orders, but Ford cut their 2023 allocation to only 50 Mavericks! Since mine probably wasn't one of the first 50 ordered, I didn't feel I'd see a 2023 either.

I had not test driven a Tacoma since the Gen 2's were out (around 2014) and I remember it felt like I was sitting on the floor. My wife is a true Toyota fan and encouraged me to try one again. So, I stopped by the local dealership, who had quite a few on their lot and test drove an SR5 Double Cab. It was totally different from what I remembered, and the power seat can be lifted even more if needed.

I wasn't really in the market because I don't need a vehicle until next September when I retire and have to turn in my work car, so this was really just a research trip. All of them showed a $5000 Market Adjustment over MSRP on the window stickers, but turns out Toyota had sent them 2-3 shipment of Tacomas and they weren't selling, so I was able to get this one at Invoice! In today's crazy car market, when everything has a $5K to $10K market adjustment above MSRP, it really was an offer I couldn't refuse! So, I'm now a happy owner of a brand-new Tacoma!

Side note, anyone in the market for a new Tacoma and live close to Ft Walton Beach, FL, you may want to check with the local Toyota dealer and take advantage of this market anomaly before they sell out and the next shipment has the $5000 mark-up added back to the MSRP! If you do, ask for James Francis and tell him Paul T. referred you, he's a great guy, no pressure and very knowledgeable!

Glad you like your new tacoma. Its a much bigger, and sturdier truck than the maverick. My brother is considering the maverick only for the reason it would fit in his garage, but he's holding off to see in toyota will build a small version of the tacoma.

I was wanting it to tow behind our small Class C RV, but decided the RV is small enough we don't really need a tow vehicle. The Tacoma fits in my garage with inches to spare!

I was wanting it to tow behind our small Class C RV, but decided the RV is small enough we don't really need a tow vehicle. The Tacoma fits in my garage with inches to spare!
My brothers 2 car garage is plenty long and wide enough but has a low ceiling due to the way his house was built over the garage. We use 4wd mostly up here. Right now he has a rave4 hybrid.

Back