noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

85 octane filled at Sinclair in fort Morgan Colorado
Made 390 miles on a full tank east on i80, cruise set at 75
I have not had anywhere NEAR that miles per tank in 10,000 miles :mad:

85 octane filled at Sinclair station

Do I need to keep using Sinclair brand gas??

Or is the 85 octane what is the need?

Screenshot_20240430-190724.png

Couple things to think about.

1st. Octane is lower in the higher elevations. Its a thermodynamics, physics, combustion thing.
2nd. Leaving CO heading East to NE is mostly downhill.

Just fill with 87 and quit obsessing over it.

Shoot, I'm burning E15 and getting over 19 mpg. E15 because its cheaper than E10 and still meets the octane requirement. No difference in how the truck operates.

Downhill would make a small difference certainly

How about the wind that was blowing steady to the east

I do not have any data of going from Wyoming or Colorado to the Missouri river with the wind pushing behind in a similar situation to see if this 22 is good or used to be 25 mpg before stuff got all wonky
Most times the the wind is a headwind or extremely fierce sidewind

Also there were several stretches of single lane construction on i80
About 30 miles total of 55 to 65 behind the big trucks
A factor as well, perhaps

until it gets figured out exactly WHY there was a substantial drop in fuel consumption all-of-a-sudden
and how to get it resolved

Buy a more economical vehicle to drive....thats how it's resolved....then you can find something else to whine about.

i am not able to get into small cars very easily because my neck will not bend proper to duck and always hit the top of the head

Dr measured YT at 5'7"
Always banging head sliding into the Corolla and can barely get headroom and n the gen2 without hitting top of the head with neck straining

I'm just shy of 5'10'', and had no issue getting into my wife's old corolla. The prius has more room...you literally fall into the bucket seat. I'm use to stepping up to get into the taco.

Dr measured YT at 5'7"
Always banging head sliding into the Corolla and can barely get headroom and n the gen2 without hitting top of the head with neck straining
Bull. I'm 5'9'', never have problems with headroom in my Gem2. I will occasionally bump my head on the WeatherTech window vent. Had an '07 Corolla for many years.....never an issue with space or headroom or getting in/out.

You might consider bending at the waist.............

Perhaps single cab gen2 is built diffrent than extracab or the quad cab??

Back