noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

Ah yes.....the miracle fix in a bottle to effectively lighten your wallet while offering a placebo repair.

another 300 tacoMiles on last full fill of tacoJuice

where the HALE are the missing 50-60 miles going ? ? ?

there was time involved in finding this pic
to check the specs... just in case this is an issue with the reBuilt

RPM at 70 MPH.JPG

dump some ChevRon fuel cleaner in there tank there
then fillUp with 10 gallons of V-Power Nitro+ ... 2 fillUps of the premium gets ya 20c off fuel saver reWards this month
see if a difference is had or not had
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

so here are the results
200 miles wheeled on 10.5 fillerUp of Shell V-Power Nitro+ 91 octane (which is 1$ MORE per G than the standard 87 ethanol)
+ chevRon fuel additive snakeOil

200/10.5 = 19.047

this is MUCH better than had been getting the past two weeks (17.14 mpg) but still a bit low on the historical imo
some wind involved today but the return trip would be with the wind at the back

My daily commute with speeds from 0-70 mph, small towns, wind.......etc, I regularly average 18.5 mpg feeding a 4.0 L V-6 moving a 4400 lb 4WD vehicle.

I think you're grousing over a mole hill trying desperately to make it a mountain.

When nothing is wrong, then no need to heal.

But then again, it has been said that "time wounds all heels."

Well, the best thing I can suggest is to remove the radiator cap, back out the truck, drive in a younger model, reinstall radiator cap.

fresh full tank of tacoJuice today
measured in 17.11 gallons and the last noted mileage was 350 miles ago on two partical tanks
that ChevRon fuel cleaner had to be less than 12 gallons it said on the bottle
10.5 gallons (shell V-Power Nitro+ 91 octane No ethanol) + 7 gallons reg 87 ethanol on the next partial fill = 17.5 gallons and 350 miles wheeled

20.45 MPG is back to the norm

more fastidious testing is required to see if it all is back to normal, since i do not dump in that ChevRon FT nor do i usually juice up with that Shell V-Power Nitro+ 91 octane no ethanol on a habitual basis

Its already been suggested, and claimed done.

a mindless quote from that other rag...

"A rust-free Gen 1 that you know perfectly the history? Keep it! You can fix anything you need for a fraction of its replacement, and you'll miss it for sure if it's gone."

a mindless quote from that other rag...

"A rust-free Gen 1 that you know perfectly the history? Keep it! You can fix anything you need for a fraction of its replacement, and you'll miss it for sure if it's gone."

Idk, I never owned a taco long enough to have 6 figures into it.

Contrary to many conceptions. E10 fuel is only reduced about 3% in energy content compared to E0. In other words, E10 has 97% of the energy as straight fuel (E0).

So, the switch from E0 to E10 you should expect roughly a 3% reduction in fuel mileage.

Meaning, your 20.45 mpg will likely fall to around 19.8 mpg.

BTW. Octane content has no influence, except to help prevent pre-detonation.

Back