oil pan leaking??

my suspect is there is a bunch of crusty on the inlet pipe and hose that causing seeping, just like the top hose nearly 4 years ago

so much dirt sand and stuffs up around in there + undercoating spray, its hard to say...

well i wiped up whut i could on that lower wiring harness around the front of the oil pan, nice and white now except those grimey corners
also wiped lip of front of pan (very dirty) and right side to monitor for any weeping... except that skid is in the way of monitoring it properly

cleaned up that area some more to monitor from the topside... had some dirty oil finger on the side that could be from the oil filter removal and the dribble down on the pan lip area? IDK?
its a wait and monitor

cleaned up that area some more to monitor from the topside... had some dirty oil finger on the side that could be from the oil filter removal and the dribble down on the pan lip area? IDK?
its a wait and monitor

wheeled it over 7k miles since ^^^ and just got it changed
no noticeable drop on the check stick level so still IDK bout dat oil pan seep

Relax...seeps turn into leaks....just takes time, so be patient.

i am concerned, though
at the other place with SO MANY GEN1 peeps there are a few that have had to get oil pan seep fixed up

one was from upstate NY with a 95.5 Gen1 but his oil pan had a big rust spot so needed a new pan on his 4wd which was a major task with removing the front diff parts to gain proper access to the pan

i am concerned, though
at the other place with SO MANY GEN1 peeps there are a few that have had to get oil pan seep fixed up

one was from upstate NY with a 95.5 Gen1 but his oil pan had a big rust spot so needed a new pan on his 4wd which was a major task with removing the front diff parts to gain proper access to the pan
Any oil leaks are beneficial to preventing rust.

recent DiY oil and filter change + inspection of this pan weep leak leak noted by a trusted yotaTech
inspection shows NO oil leak at this pan area from 1st post pic... just dirty grime from the roadways whatever

ALSO, there is no sign of that pink coolant leaky from the new lower hose

but now we are looking into and monitoring an oil weep at the rear of engine near firewall on the valve cover area, its small now afaik just wet when fingers back behind to inspect

the gen1 3.4 is known for the leaky VCG

it has been more than 200k miles now since it last leaked for the 1st time from the sides

Leaks always get worse so you can look forward to seeing that.

i suppose as long as it does NOT start leaking fuel like the '96 Corolla started to do a few years ago :confused:

rotted out filler neck, hole on top of gas tank vent and a wet high-pressure main fuel tube with crusty

with bottom splash shield plates off i looked all around the crankpulley bottom deepin for sign of oil weeping from the crank seal that was replaced at 197777
really did not see any wettish but maybe not looking in the proper spot to detect ?

Back