Old days

In my shop I have a zenith allegro system that's got an 8 track player in it plus the am/fm radio and phono. Got those big wood grain speakers too. The radio, and phono still work.

Ah.........my first stereo system.......Jensen speaker, Technics turn table, Technics dual cassette player controlled with a Technics receiver.

First new car, 1977 Buick Skyhawk with 5 speed manual powered with a 231 cu in. engine. Not the coolest or fastest, but it was sweet. Got my first ticket power sliding around a corner while cruising the strip on Saturday night in July.............cop happened to be on that corner sippin' his coffee. It was an "Ah crap" moment when I spotted him......then the lights came on. Not too good to have a reckless driving violation at 17 yo, car insurance went through the roof. Dad just said, "Your car, your ticket, your insurance, your problem."

Ah.........my first stereo system.......Jensen speaker, Technics turn table, Technics dual cassette player controlled with a Technics receiver.

First new car, 1977 Buick Skyhawk with 5 speed manual powered with a 231 cu in. engine. Not the coolest or fastest, but it was sweet. Got my first ticket power sliding around a corner while cruising the strip on Saturday night in July.............cop happened to be on that corner sippin' his coffee. It was an "Ah crap" moment when I spotted him......then the lights came on. Not too good to have a reckless driving violation at 17 yo, car insurance went through the roof. Dad just said, "Your car, your ticket, your insurance, your problem."
I know the oh, crap feeling as I once got a ticket for unnecessary noise running through town with open headers. A cop happened to be hiding in this shops doorway when I pull up to a red traffic light right in front of that shops doorway. I think this cop may have been dozing off in there as it was late at night, and I woke him up. Next thing I saw someone running up in my rear view mirror blowing his whistle, and writing my plate down. I pulled over and got the riot act. This cop was smiling like a Cheshire Cat that he just caught a career criminal. I was about 19 at the time.

Back