Post Pictures of your Tacoma here!

Wow! Nice truck!
its a very, very rare occasion that i see one from the early 90s era around here anymore
i really liked it for the two years i had it, got it stuck once in the mud :( ....but that colour when the sun sparkled onit!
it did not have AC so that hot nasty summer working out of town in Wichita was brutal! but it was a single cab with a rear slider so i could get a good breeze flowing through to manage the heat and humidity
but when i test drove that 5vz and all the horses it had under that hood i just had to trade, and it had AC LOL

Last edited:
its a very, very rare occasion that i see one from the early 90s era around here anymore
i really liked it for the two years i had it, got it stuck once in the mud :( ....but that colour when the sun sparkled onit!
it did not have AC so that hot nasty summer working out of town in Wichita was brutal! but it was a single cab with a rear slider so i could get a good breeze flowing through to manage the heat and humidity
but when i test drove that 5vz and all the horses it had under that engine i just had to trade, and it had AC LOL
Yeah I know what you mean! My first vehicle was a '66 Ford F100 short bed Custom Cab with a 352, 3-speed manual tranny, manual everything! Lol! No AC except for rolling the 2 windows down! Very hot here in Texas with no AC!

Yeah I know what you mean! My first vehicle was a '66 Ford F100 short bed Custom Cab with a 352, 3-speed manual tranny, manual everything! Lol! No AC except for rolling the 2 windows down! Very hot here in Texas with no AC!
my cousin in Missouri would like to get his hands on more of the old Fords
he currently has a '76, i think its F100 also but not sure i only saw it once LOL

my cousin in Missouri would like to get his hands on more of the old Fords
he currently has a '76, i think its F100 also but not sure i only saw it once LOL
Yeah I like the Ford Trucks of that era as well, I think they call them dentsides! I've never owned one but I really like them! My dad had an '84 Ford F150 shortbed with a 300 I6 auto. 2-tone blue, that's what he started out teaching me how to drive on until I got my grandpa's old '66 Ford!

Last edited:
Yeah, Got several drifts in the backyard about 3 foot deep.

The driveway is pretty well shielded by the neighbor's camping trailer when the wind is from WNW.

Snow plows are busy filling driveways and spreading sand at intersections. I'm not gonna try to clear the driveway until Saturday. The wind and drifting should be finished. I'm lazy, don't want to clear the driveway multiple times.

i've had drifts upto the lower part of my door before in the morning after blizzard squall
Yeah, Got several drifts in the backyard about 3 foot deep.

The driveway is pretty well shielded by the neighbor's camping trailer when the wind is from WNW.

Snow plows are busy filling driveways and spreading sand at intersections. I'm not gonna try to clear the driveway until Saturday. The wind and drifting should be finished. I'm lazy, don't want to clear the driveway multiple times.
Damn makes me glad I live in Texas, °18 here! I did see a few snow flurries flying around earlier at work. The most snow I recall ever seeing around here was a foot!

Damn makes me glad I live in Texas, °18 here! I did see a few snow flurries flying around earlier at work. The most snow I recall ever seeing around here was a foot!
It was difficult pumping 5 gallons of taco fuel with a wind make it feel 50 below zero and sting my ears

Drove around on abrasive sand all day, the salt wasn't working out for them because too cold
It's still a thrill living hardcore lol

The weatherdud is changing the forecast for Friday. Now expecting winds up to 50 mph.......schweeeet. snow covered road, dangerous wind chill, extreme wind......vehicle blown off the road, people exposed to hypothermia, frostbite.......what could go wrong????

Stay home folks. Go to the Christmas family stuff a day late. Your life may be in the balance.

Current wind chill is -38 to -45F.........

It was difficult pumping 5 gallons of taco fuel with a wind make it feel 50 below zero and sting my ears

Drove around on abrasive sand all day, the salt wasn't working out for them because too cold
It's still a thrill living hardcore lol
Yeah we had approx. 40-50 mph winds this morning when the cold front first blew in. It was °46 this morning and hardly any wind when I left the house, it dropped to °19 according to my phone within an hour or so! I could tell the front was already here before I even made it to work because I could feel the wind blowing the Taco around while I was on the interstate heading westbound towards Dallas!

I would much rather see this abrasive sand than liquid salt on the roads
But then I guess they have to go and sweep the roads in the spring

I would much rather see this abrasive sand than liquid salt on the roads
But then I guess they have to go and sweep the roads in the spring
Around here they started pretreating the roads with that brine solution several years ago a few days or so before the icy weather hits. Seems to work pretty well if you ask me.

Depending on the brine solution......it will quit working below -15F. Most brine solutions are basic sodium chloride, it quits working around 20F.

It does work, but like all chemical reactions it has limits.

I remember last year it was °80 on Christmas Day, we'll be doing well if we get above freezing this year on Christmas Day! Well that's Texas it can be mild for Christmas or it can be in the single digits! As we say around here if you don't like the weather just wait a minute and it'll change! Lol!

Back