PPF

23TxTaco

I'm looking to get PPF on the Tacoma. I'm in central Texas, anyone know of "The Guy" I want quality work. I have visited several places in Waco, Temple, Gatesville and they all say it's to labor intensive to make money on. The hood and fenders they say are easy. Nobody will touch the bumper or grille so far.
I really don't want to leave my truck in the hood for a week. I'm in Waco.
One guy told me he couldn't take it because he didn't have anyone that could drive a stick to pull it in or move it.
Thanks
Dustin

Ummm...... a hint. Replies are kinda sparse...

You may want to spell out the PPF 3 letter acronym. I was thinking Powder Puff Females.

Ceramic coating does absolutely nothing for rock chips from these sorry no tarping gravel haulers.
PPF normally would be perfectly portioned female...
In this thread, it is referencing Paint Protection Film.

The hard glass ceramic coating they did on my truck still has no paint chips like I use to get on my tundra, so it must be doing something.

Ceramic coating does absolutely nothing for rock chips from these sorry no tarping gravel haulers.
PPF normally would be perfectly portioned female...
In this thread, it is referencing Paint Protection Film.
Those are extremely rare in the USA.

Watched a documentary last night on the Duran/Leonard fights. Christie Brinkley photographed the build up to the series. Obviously, she was beautiful.

But, fast forward 33 years. Imho? she’s stunning-er….

Still not sure how ceramic coating is supposed to be all that great?
It is depending who, and what is applied. It's not a cheap process. To begin, there's a whole lot of prep work that needs to be done before the actual layers of ceramic liquid are put down on the truck. Finished like my truck, you end up with a hard deep glass like coating. The trucks out in the elements 24/7, and it still looks great...no paint chips, or scrapes from brush that I've gone through. Best part...no need to wash or wax it anymore. Most I've done is hose the mud, and salt spray off when it gets real bad.

A lot of the coatings I've looked at say u still need to do follow up maintenance waxing ? I like my buffer.

A lot of the coatings I've looked at say u still need to do follow up maintenance waxing ? I like my buffer.
I was instructed from the dealer that did the job on my truck to never wax it. This coating needs no maintenance. By buffing, they said your actually rubbing off the coating like you would when compounding the paint, or clear coat.

Last edited:
Even the over the counter ceramic paint protection stuff that will last about a year is still better than wax.

I wonder how you prep the paint if u have to do any paint work on the vehicle ? I was a body man still play with cars

We used this stuff called cut leveler it was a compound u used with a buffer day after painting u didn't have to wet sand hardly at all it was slick.it would make the paint lay down like glass.

I know they clay the paints surface, and correct any imperfections in the paint when seen. I guess they need to have the surface dry, and spotless before any ceramic solutions can be applied.

Be aware.........

All modern vehicles have a CLEAR COAT on top of the paint.

ah.....my brownies are ready to come out of the oven...... gotta bounce.

Be aware.........

All modern vehicles have a CLEAR COAT on top of the paint.

ah.....my brownies are ready to come out of the oven...... gotta bounce.
Clear coat is just another type paint, its got nothing to due with the ceramic coating process.

The "ceramic" coating is simply a hydrophobic coating. It is not ceramic. Marketing has basterdized the term.

When the "paint" is buffed or polished or whatever process, material is being removed. Thus making the coating thinner. Then apply a thin hydrophobic coating and call it a miracle.

Oh.....I have a bridge for sale. It runs from LA to Maui.

Call it what you want but, it's a hard glass like coating a few mills thick thats applied, at least what it appears like on my trucks exterior. I've been sold on it, as its offered some real long lasting protection from the elements vs waxing.

Back