Pre Collision Sensor

Cementaco

So I added an aftermarket grill to my lifted 2019. I keep getting the error message on the display. I have tried adding washers to adjust the sensor but nothing is working. It used to just come on then go off after a little bit, but has gotten progressively worse. Now it has been on for 2 weeks and never turns off. It makes it so I can't use my cruise. I have an appointment at the dealer but that will be pricey. Any help would be appreciated!!

Welcome! I've read changing the angle on the sensor helps.....doesn't sound like it in your case. When you turn on cruise control hold the button for a few seconds and cruise will turn on and sensor will be off.......you can still use cruise control. How I run mine!

Welcome! I've read changing the angle on the sensor helps.....doesn't sound like it in your case. When you turn on cruise control hold the button for a few seconds and cruise will turn on and sensor will be off.......you can still use cruise control. How I run mine!
+1 I hate the radar cruise control, I go old school all the time. Not too long after I got my 19 I got a recall on the radar sensor and they had to realign it when they got done with whatever they did to it. From what the service advisor told me it's quite a process lining that thing up. Ive got all the nanny stuff turned off on mine.

+1 I hate the radar cruise control, I go old school all the time. Not too long after I got my 19 I got a recall on the radar sensor and they had to realign it when they got done with whatever they did to it. From what the service advisor told me it's quite a process lining that thing up. Ive got all the nanny stuff turned off on mine.
Same here......all bells and whistles are off.

So I added an aftermarket grill to my lifted 2019. I keep getting the error message on the display. I have tried adding washers to adjust the sensor but nothing is working. It used to just come on then go off after a little bit, but has gotten progressively worse. Now it has been on for 2 weeks and never turns off. It makes it so I can't use my cruise. I have an appointment at the dealer but that will be pricey. Any help would be appreciated!!

Same thing with my Tacoma, the result of a lift. I bypass the radar-assisted cruise and go old school.

I actually had the same issue after putting on the raptor grille. It was causing an error for maybe about a week, and then I guess it just recalibrated itself. I haven't had any issues for about a month now, and I didn't do anything to remedy the issue.

Back