Sluggish

Rebeltacoma24

I just got a 2020 Tacoma V6 with 88.000 miles on it. I just changed the spark plugs with the original one that came with the truck. Now it's sluggish when driving. Is this normal for a little bit. I'm wondering if something else is going on with the truck . Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Was it sluggish before replacing the spark plugs? I've got a 2020 also with the v6 with a little over 21k miles. It's always run from day one like a scolded dog when pressing the go pedal. These 3rd gen v6 tacoma's have been noted in the past for some running a lot better than others with no reason to be found. Need more info how sluggish this truck really is...if a lot, or just seems slow what you've been use to. I can tell you a friend that had a 2019 trd...his truck never ran as good as my 2020 sr5. It drove him crazy after 2 dealers told him he was crazy, nothing was the matter with his truck. It pissed him off to no end that he traded the tacoma in for a frontier.

I have had the truck about a month now and it ran good. I called the dealership where it had been serviced from the previous owner and they said the plugs had never been changed so what I read said they recommended you change them every 30,000 miles so I got the same plugs that is called for change them out Friday and it's like a miss when driving it. I drove it today to church and back home and I couldn't hardly feel the miss in it. I don't have a clue but it seems to be running better now.

Was it sluggish before replacing the spark plugs? I've got a 2020 also with the v6 with a little over 21k miles. It's always run from day one like a scolded dog when pressing the go pedal. These 3rd gen v6 tacoma's have been noted in the past for some running a lot better than others with no reason to be found. Need more info how sluggish this truck really is...if a lot, or just seems slow what you've been use to. I can tell you a friend that had a 2019 trd...his truck never ran as good as my 2020 sr5. It drove him crazy after 2 dealers told him he was crazy, nothing was the matter with his truck. It pissed him off to no end that he traded the tacoma in for a frontier.
No it wasn't sluggish before I changed them

I have had the truck about a month now and it ran good. I called the dealership where it had been serviced from the previous owner and they said the plugs had never been changed so what I read said they recommended you change them every 30,000 miles so I got the same plugs that is called for change them out Friday and it's like a miss when driving it. I drove it today to church and back home and I couldn't hardly feel the miss in it. I don't have a clue but it seems to be running better now.
Thats bs about the plugs needing replacement every 30k miles. They claim at least 60k miles, but many have let them go 100k, or more. If you experienced a misfire, gotta be something you created if it wasn't there before, either that you've got a faulty coil pack, or a bad contact to the plug that just happen to be a coincidence.

Back