Snorkel?

OffroadTaco4x4

Does anyone here have a snorkel? And if so where did you get it/ where is the best place to get one? I really wish volant made one but they don't, I want a volant cai so I guess I could modify another snorkel to fit it.

Yeah I looked at the cruiser outfitters one and theirs goes straight to the air box and you just remove the stock air intake, are all the snorkels like that or not, if they are then I guess there's no point for the volant intake

Yeah that's how they all are. Airflow America's snorkel is actually designed for a Tacoma so it runs through the stock hole in the engine bay. You moght be able to rig something up there.

Well you already have a cold air intake from the factory. Adding an aftermarket intake that draws air from the stock location isn't going going to make the air colder. Only the URD TCAI get air from what can be considered a colder location.

A snorkel will grab colder air but the long tube can be a bit restrictive. Also it only deletes the resonator box and not the filter box.

I did not realize they are so expensive for just a couple pieces of plastic

jawdrop.gif

One is designed for the Taco and one is made to fit the Taco. It all comes down to personal preference.

If you are in deep enough water to need a snorkel then you need to take car of other loose ends. Diff breathers, t case breathers, tranny breathers, firewall holes and other stuff. Snorkels were originally made for dusty areas.

wow that is not nice
butwiggle.gif

It was very nice.

One is designed for the Taco and one is made to fit the Taco. It all comes down to personal preference.

If you are in deep enough water to need a snorkel then you need to take car of other loose ends. Diff breathers, t case breathers, tranny breathers, firewall holes and other stuff. Snorkels were originally made for dusty areas.

You dont even know.

Back