Taco owie

That would be bad if thats the case....you can be charged for reckless driving. I know a guy here that did it, and clipped a car. State cop threw the book at him.

Unless you have a camera that shows exactly what happened, the insurance companies won't do anything until they receive the police report that will determine who's at fault. My brother recently went through all of this....might take up to a week before all the paperwork is filed. My brother later spoke to the other parties insurance company to get a confirmation they would be taking care of it.
Btw, unless you can prove you received serious body injury, no injury attorney will bother with you. They will likely get a chuckle out of those accident pics.

Last edited:
Unless you have a camera that shows exactly what happened, the insurance companies won't do anything until they receive the police report that will determine who's at fault. My brother recently went through all of this....might take up to a week before all the paperwork is filed. My brother later spoke to the other parties insurance company to get a confirmation they would be taking care of it.
Btw, unless you can prove you received serious body injury, no injury attorney will bother with you. They will likely get a chuckle out of those accident pics.

Last edited:
Well, both insurance companies should have them fairly soon. I assume you have already visited a body shop. They will contact the insurance company listed at fault, and supply them a rough estimate to get the repairs underway. I guess in some cases it can be a week, or more once they get involved. In my brothers case it went fairly quickly, but the actual repairs took weeks getting all the parts needed, as it was a new rave4.

Was there damage to the bumper at all?
It's Hard to tell in those pics.

Appears more like the tailgate took the brunt of the damage. Those plastic bumper end covers, and taillight lenses are fairly cheap to replace vs fixing the tailgate,

The mechanism that slowly lowers the tailgate is not working since the crash. So maybe.

i am very curious about the price of that gate assembly at full MSRP, did you get some quotes yet?
don't let them put some aftermarket CRAP on there

I would guess something there is binding. They use a bushing that interfaces with the damper thats tied into the hinge.

I have several friends on both sides of the state living down there. All of them say insurance is crazy. In some cases you just can't get it.

Back