Tacoma Engine Oil

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Evan Roman, Nov 23, 2019.

1. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

More and more vehicles are using this kind of filter now. Regression.

B.C. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

While I prefer a canister style filter, the one upside to an exposed paper cartridge type, is that seeing metal particles in them is easy.

Do Tacos have a replaceable fuel filter, or just the life time style in the tank?

4. BlazingBlue2016

BlazingBlue2016 Well-Known Member

A lot of newer vehicles are going that way, some say its for the environment (less waste).

BigMau likes this.
  5. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

Yes... You drain the filter housing before element remove. This keeps a few oz. of used engine oil out of the land fill.

B-Man likes this.
  6. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

I take my filters in to be recycled, the same with the used oil.

BigMau and B-Man like this.
  7. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

Walmart full synthetic 0-20

8. DJDeadpixel

DJDeadpixel New Member

Don't laugh.... Amazon Basics Fully synthetic oil. It's very high quality and doesn't cost nearly as much as everyone else. Look into it. Watch the freezing temps comparison on YouTube. Great oil!!

BigMau likes this.
  9. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

As long as the oil meets the specs. of the engine you will be fine. I believe Walmart and Amazon have Warren mfg. supply them with oil. Same company that makes MAG1.
    I ran Walmart 5w-30 Synthetic in my 2011 GMC Canyon and never had any issues. Seemed to work great in that truck.

B.C. and B-Man like this.
  10. Cole Chuman

Cole Chuman New Member

FYI - I believe Toyota's OEM oil is actually Mobile 1. I went round and round with the local dealership (they actually are competitive in price) telling them I wanted Mobile 1 when I changed my oil. But my invoice said "Toyota oil". Well, after discussions with the service tech, the actual tech and the GM, I was humbly informed I was getting Mobile 1 oil. It is private labeled for Toyota.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  11. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

Toyota oil with Toyota filter is what I use. 96k miles

tacojoel, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  12. tacojoel

tacojoel Well-Known Member

I used mobil1 with mobil filters in my tundra for 19 years...engine ran just as strong as new with nearly 300k miles. Will likely continue with mobil1, and oem filters, or the oem motor oil which is suppose to be even better containing more moly additive.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.