Tacoma Frame Rot???

I was at the dealer...

You have to have a hole the size of a walnut??? I'm thinking Toyota wants your truck to die of "old age" and "high mileage" before they will issue a frame replacement??
This really sucks... Both my Tundra and Tacoma were great trucks :(

I just received the frame settlement information.

It says if you have a frame perforation of at least 10mm, they will be fixing the frame.

If not, they will be putting on some corrosive protection.

www.toyotaframesettlement.com

Last edited:
The local dealer told me that replacement only if the rust hole was 10 mm or larger. Otherwise, just inspections and protective coatings. They recoated the frame of my 2002 Tundra. After this treatment, the truck was never right :((

I called the other day and was told mine, a 2009, was not part of the recall. If I had already paid money to have something fixed then I could join the suit, but right now Toyota was just notifying owners. There was no mention of looking for a hole or anything. Looks like I may be crawling under it this weekend.

The local dealer told me that replacement only if the rust hole was 10 mm or larger. Otherwise, just inspections and protective coatings. They recoated the frame of my 2002 Tundra. After this treatment, the truck was never right :((
What exactly do you mean by "the truck was never right"?

Back