Tire/Wheel Upgrade

DoogsTaco

Hey All - just got a 2020 TRDSport. Want to purchase Method Race Wheels and put the biggest possible tire on it without lifting it. Is it best to go 16” rim and bigger on the tire or stick with 17s? Also, looking around don’t see any of rims with offset, best avenue to offset just a little ?

I also have a 2020 TRDSport. I would stick with 17's. I think they look better on the Sport. Also, maybe there are more options on 17" size tire styles. Post some pix when your project completes.

Welcome to the group. Id think you'd probably spend more for larger tires in a 16" size versus the same diameter tire in a 17" wheel size, just because not many people run large tires on 16" wheels. Also, probably a better selection with 17" wheels.

Here's what I am gonna go with.
If I can figure out what OFFSET I need...

24db6a0505f2b84ccc3c1264e951ef43.jpg

Nice looking wheels, I mean really nice. If you're getting them from a tire/wheel store, have them do a fitment test first with the tires you want. Then you will know what offset (if any) you will need. Are you going with 17's? Keep us posted. Oh yea, did I say nice looking wheels?

Nice looking wheels, I mean really nice. If you're getting them from a tire/wheel store, have them do a fitment test first with the tires you want. Then you will know what offset (if any) you will need. Are you going with 17's? Keep us posted. Oh yea, did I say nice looking wheels?

Lance
Thanks...right? I like them a lot.
They are not out yet. You have to 'pre-order', and they call them Limited Edition, whatever that really means.
They come in 17" and 18". I'd go 17"

The METHOD link:

https://www.methodracewheels.com/bl...w-limited-edition-matte-black-red-face-305-nv

and on that site is:

The Trail Built Offroad (exclusive seller) link:

https://www.trailbuiltoffroad.com/brands/wheels/Method/MR305

But my truck is stock and I do want to lift it a bit at the same time: 2" - 3" but nothing crazy.
So there fore, I do not know what I will have to do in terms of Offsett etc to keep them from 1) rubbing, and 2) not being able to turn the darn truck.

I need a shop in LA...hunting for one now.

That burnt orange color, well it looks burnt orange to me, looks like the trim on my dash.
I don't generally see wheels I like but I really like those

578ec1f7a9c5e8e71cb4dca0bbb6b431.jpg

Do ya'll know where to find a low pro center cap? I just bought some Method NV 305 wheels and strongly agree that the wheels would look a lot cleaner with some low profile center caps.

I'm with you on the low profile center cap. Didn't give it much thought 'till now. I would check with a tire/wheel shop in your area. As I posted before, if you have a "Discount Tire" shop near you, that would be a good start.

That burnt orange color, well it looks burnt orange to me, looks like the trim on my dash.
I don't generally see wheels I like but I really like those

578ec1f7a9c5e8e71cb4dca0bbb6b431.jpg

They look red to me, and I hate burnt orange! LOL

6c5ce089dfa9cb524bef6a7f47b8ef39_1000x.jpg

Do ya'll know where to find a low pro center cap? I just bought some Method NV 305 wheels and strongly agree that the wheels would look a lot cleaner with some low profile center caps.
they're available from certain places. the ones i found on Me-So Customs are cool but kinda spensive.

I've noticed not as many size options in 17" . I have 265-70-17 but wanted 285-60-17 and only found 2 tires company's that make them so next set will be either 275-60-17 or 285-65-17 which is almost same height as mine but I want them wider for my 9" rims.

Back