Tonneau cover

Not if their Chinese.
I like my toyota tonneau cover....had it over 4 years now, contrary what many claim their garbage. You could practically stand on it.

Not if their Chinese.
I like my toyota tonneau cover....had it over 4 years now, contrary what many claim their garbage. You could practically stand on it.
Thank you, Toyota says their cover is under a nationwide shortage, I'm getting the soft three fold. Not sure if I want to wait till Toyota become available

I guess toyota had been looking for a new supplier for their tonneau covers. They are a port installed option.
Bakflip MX4 I hear is a pretty good choice.

The OEM hard tri fold is junk. Not only does it fall apart and melt into a tar like substance, it is like doing shoulder presses to open it. Really heavy. I don't recement it. Mine, I have since my truck was new.
20240604_114921.jpg

20240604_114929.png
20240604_114935.png
20240604_114942.jpg

Last edited:
The OEM hard tri fold is junk. Not only does it fall apart and melt into a tar like substance, it is like doing shoulder presses to open it. Really heavy. I don't recement it. Mine, I have since my truck was new.
View attachment 46298

View attachment 46299
View attachment 46300
View attachment 46301
Didn't your dealer tell you how to care for it? Dealer gave me a starter kit of wolfstiens to periodically treat it. After more than 4 years, mine still looks like the day it came on the truck. Just folded it up on my taco today to take a bunch of smoked large electric motors, and other scrap from my shop to a local recycling center....collected over a c note for my efforts.

Didn't your dealer tell you how to care for it? Dealer gave me a starter kit of wolfstiens to periodically treat it. After more than 4 years, mine still looks like the day it came on the truck. Just folded it up on my taco today to take a bunch of smoked large electric motors, and other scrap from my shop to a local recycling center....collected over a c note for my efforts.

Nope. Maybe I was one of the first to receive one back then plus the price was outrageous now looking back.

Just asking what year is your taco? When I negotiated for my truck over the phone....(bought it out of state), I told the dealer to order it with a tonneau cover, along with other tech package goodies I wanted. He charged me $650 for the cover on the invoice, saying it was a toyota cover thats port installed. I've seen them for over a grand when shopping for one on my tundra back then. Figured how bad could a toyota one be for my tacoma, as the company generally sells good stuff. Sales manager was pretty decent taking the time to tell me what I needed to know taking care of the truck when I picked it up.

Just asking what year is your taco? When I negotiated for my truck over the phone....(bought it out of state), I told the dealer to order it with a tonneau cover, along with other tech package goodies I wanted. He charged me $650 for the cover on the invoice, saying it was a toyota cover thats port installed. I've seen them for over a grand when shopping for one on my tundra back then. Figured how bad could a toyota one be for my tacoma, as the company generally sells good stuff. Sales manager was pretty decent taking the time to tell me what I needed to know taking care of the truck when I picked it up.

Mine was $650 also. I ordered mine on 01/30/2016

That looks like pure dog poo o_O
Thats what happens when they are neglected, doesn't matter who's brand. They need some sort of protection from the suns ultra-violet rays. You can't blame the cover. Heck, I have the same exact cover on my truck, its been exposed to the weather 24/7, for over 4 years, yet the cover still appears as new.
Just an example ....not to be mean, but let's put the trucks owner out in the weather, and bright sun like the truck would be without any sunscreen, or other preventive measures, then see how they'd look by this time.

Thats what happens when they are neglected, doesn't matter who's brand. They need some sort of protection from the suns ultra-violet rays. You can't blame the cover. Heck, I have the same exact cover on my truck, its been exposed to the weather 24/7, for over 4 years, yet the cover still appears as new.
Just an example ....not to be mean, but let's put the trucks owner out in the weather, and bright sun like the truck would be without any sunscreen, or other preventive measures, then see how they'd look by this time.

When they were offering me all those appearance package protection scams for the truck, you'd think they would mention something for the cover. Guess not.

I had to take 2 tech packages with some stuff I didn't need, but when you want a tonneau cover, and power sliding rear window, you really haven't much choice but to accept the other crap. I also wanted this hard glass ceramic paint protection, but that was a whole separate deal. They sent the truck to a detail shop down the road that did the job. I guess the dealer I bought the truck from, has some sort of agreement with them. At any rate they did an awesome job. Truck still looks like it was just waxed after every rainstorm. I get compliments on it all the time.

Back