Toyota's best engine made failed! Gen2 2.7L 2tr-fe

Why all these stupid video's? Any engine is prone to some sort of major repair issue when they reach 200k miles.

Last edited:
it is EXTREMELY rare presently for that to happen to that motor

that is WHY he states there are NO REMANs available out there in the present, but that video is a year or so old

BS, Its not what you don't know that bothers me...it's what you claim to know, and it just ain't so. I've seen several 2.7's needing some sort of major engine service when over the 200k mile mark contrary to what you've been told. Nothing lasts forever. It's not that rare.
You can buy remanufactured 2.7's with a million mile warranty for around $4k.

that video was a year old
things have changed for that motor?

Where have YOU seen this?

Buddy of mine has a large auto service shop where they work on all sorts of vehicles...seen a few head gasket jobs, and broken timing chains on these older taco 2.7's during the years when stopping off to see how he's doing. He's even replaced some of these 4 bangers with remanufactured 2.7 engines, or finding a good junkyard one thats been totaled in an accident. I haven't seen any blown up six's yet.

?? head gasket issues on the 2.7 is due to lack of fresh pink coolant piped in annually?

Just age, and accumulated miles on the trucks cooling system. Nothing lasts forever. Radiators become far less efficient when a truck has over 200k miles causing cooling system issues. I don't think the fluid is as big an issue as it's made out to be. Sooner, or later water pumps, and thermostats need replacing, the old coolant is replaced anyways with new when thats done. Radiators are forgotten about. Engines eventually just wear out depending how they're used. Trucks are bought to do heavier work than cars, so expect them to have major issues sooner. I guess if one buys a truck to be used like a car, it'd be different with the drive train lasting much longer.

Most frequent cause of a blown head gasket is overheating.

Coolant, water pump, thermostats are all much less expensive than a head gasket.

Back