Transmission fluid

TacoTruck2019

Have a question for those more knowledgeable about this than me. When servicing the auto trans in our tacos is it better to use a strictly WS fluid or one that meets several different standards including WS?

I found using the toyota ws atf to be best, as others can screwup the shift points even if they claim their compatible.

If the label on the bottle states "WS" then its good to use.

Do not mix other specifications with the "WS" specification. Just suckin' around for problems.

I use stock up on the stuff they sell in quebec....good for like -40. Ued too often it'd take the clear coat off your vehicle.

Why are you smearing ATF on the truck body????? I would expect ATF to damage the clear coat.

You stock pile ATF???? Are you expecting a shortage???

Interesting. Although, well water may not work too well in this area of the MidWest.

Overnight temperatures are typically in the 10-20F range with day highs in the 30-40F range. Soon, it will be much colder. Then we will be looking forward to highs in the 10-20F range.

and there are times when daily highs are below zero fahrenheit LOL
that can last for a week if Canada cooperates

1 week isn't too horrible.

Its when the sub-zero temps stretch into 10-14 days with wind. Then it becomes worse than horrible.

Winter loves being nasty in IA. January thru February are the nasty months.

Why are you smearing ATF on the truck body????? I would expect ATF to damage the clear coat.

You stock pile ATF???? Are you expecting a shortage???
Windsheild washer fluid...who said anything about atf? That stuff they sold in stores up there saved me from scraping my windshield. I'd hit the washer fluid arm on a frost covered windshield, and that stuff would melt it right away. I used it everyday in the winter months in new england.

1 week isn't too horrible.

Its when the sub-zero temps stretch into 10-14 days with wind. Then it becomes worse than horrible.

Winter loves being nasty in IA. January thru February are the nasty months.
It's gotta be worse in Minnesota!

Windsheild washer fluid...who said anything about atf? That stuff they sold in stores up there saved me from scraping my windshield. I'd hit the washer fluid arm on a frost covered windshield, and that stuff would melt it right away. I used it everyday in the winter months in new england.

Hmmm.....thought this was about mixing different specs of ATF fluid. Who mixed in windshield washer fluid?????

Nevermind....posts #5 and #6 is the derail location.

#5 was not a derail!
It was a legit ??? About using as much Toyota fluids as 24-7 can possibly

Whats the fluid they use in the service dept to fill that bottle?

Last edited:
Speaking of derailing the thread, I'll say this then shut up. We had one of the youngins that I work with convinced that he had to put winter air in his tires for the coming cold weather, come spring he needed to change it out for summer air. It took him a week to catch on.

Back