Undercoating

I don't think the taco has the balls my 4.7 03 ,tundra had alot more low end ..the taco is more like a 2 stroke. And why didn't they put a 4.0 in the 3rd gen tacos ? You could get a 4.0 in a 4runner that makes no frekkin sense to me whatsoever! ARE ya smellung what I'm stepping in ???
Not sure what you are meaning, but I took a short trip to waterbury yesterday on rt8 with my truck, then the back way on lesser secondary highways to my home. I found my access cab taco very much like my old 4.7 tundra, even the highway speeds were getting away from me in 6th gear trying to maintain 69-70 mph...kept finding myself near 80, if not using cc. Even on the hillier back roads this truck is a joy to drive...very responsive if you want to go fast. There was no feeling of any engine lag. You just touch the go pedal and your off to the races....plenty enough low end for all the roads here. It'll smoke our prius bad. It's really amazing what these 3.5 v6's can put out in a truck nearly the same weight as my tundra was.
As far as this truck being like a 2 stroke...that part I don't get, its far from one, I've got a 2 stroke snowmobile, and use to race one along with racing countless 2 stroke motocross bikes years ago...its not even close. Two strokes can be very peaky....you can tell when they come on the pipe making power.

I never use 6th it lugs to much. Idrive with trac control off and in ECT mode and shift it manually, cuz its fun . Full cb long bed so there's got to be at least 500 lb s heavier than an access cab. Speed controller wakes up the drive by wire signal mounts on the gas pedal plug and then u set the response time. Not sure how ur tundra was set up but I had k&n cold air and 3inch catback my friend bent up stainless on his pipe bending exhaust machine and it screwed .I had 285/60/18 kuhomos on 18x8.5 Moda rims and it would break em loose all the time .Maybe it was a Wednesday truck came from the Carolina factory. It musta had some NASCAR blood in her .

Last edited:
Been here 62 years and counting ! Been sitting home for 6 weeks now fell on the ice 7 weeks after right rotator surgery then went back to work slipped on the ice torn left side cuz I rolled to protect the right one and smoked my left thumb they had to remove a bone and put in a kevlar band as a tendon so now I'm home another 3 weeks can't use left hand. And I'm self employed carpenter so my comp doesn't cover salting driveways ! Not considered finish work.so 9 weeks so far no pay . Blows

Especially when I wasn't the guy who should have been doing the salting. Wife's not happy ! Can't even pull a sleeve over it at all.IMG_20240415_104956263.jpg

I never use 6th it lugs to much. Idrive with trac control off and in ECT mode and shift it manually, cuz its fun . Full cb long bed so there's got to be at least 500 lb s heavier than an access cab. Speed controller wakes up the drive by wire signal mounts on the gas pedal plug and then u set the response time. Not sure how ur tundra was set up but I had k&n cold air and 3inch catback my friend bent up stainless on his pipe bending exhaust machine and it screwed .I had 285/60/18 kuhomos on 18x8.5 Moda rims and it would break em loose all the time .Maybe it was a Wednesday truck came from the Carolina factory. It musta had some NASCAR blood in her .
I never use ect, just s4, and 5 when towing my boat, or sled. Ect just makes more engine noise, and sucks gas...it's gotta be for towing 3k lbs, or more. This truck is no pooch, its got more top end than my tundra ever had.
As far my tundra, I installed a dual exhaust flowmaster system using flowmaster cats to. Had a k&n cold air intake to go along. If anything it made more power on top, rather than increasing any low end torque.
The trick to good low end on these 3.5's in a tacoma, is lighter rotating weight meaning no heavy wheels with big ass tires. I have the stock factory alloy wheels with the stock 33 lb firestones still on my truck, so it's still getting full hp the manufacture claims.

Been here 62 years and counting ! Been sitting home for 6 weeks now fell on the ice 7 weeks after right rotator surgery then went back to work slipped on the ice torn left side cuz I rolled to protect the right one and smoked my left thumb they had to remove a bone and put in a kevlar band as a tendon so now I'm home another 3 weeks can't use left hand. And I'm self employed carpenter so my comp doesn't cover salting driveways ! Not considered finish work.so 9 weeks so far no pay . Blows
It's amazing what these orthopedic surgeons can do. When I destroyed my lower right leg, ankle and foot in a racing accident, they were able to save the leg with more hardware than home cheapo has on hand. Took a year, and then some to recover from 4 separate surgeries, but I was walking again without the aid of a cane.
I've slipped, and fallen while ice fishing with friends, saying I went down like on a banana peel while later learning I fractured my elbow, plus getting a good headache earning a trip to the er 3 days later due to excessive throbbing pain. I was self employed to, but did a great job of bsing my health insurance how I was injured.

...been reading about this blaster surface shield product more and more are using it
i have yet to try it out
is it tacky like this cosmoline product i have been experimenting with

1713641931021.png

Idk, but CRC is similar to cosmoline, and costs less. I've use cosmoline in the past, and for present for small touchup areas...it works. Don't need to experiment with other chemical sprays that claim all sorts of stuff.

Fluid flim is fine to, but needs to be reapplied every year, or sooner if in the salt belt. I just hate paying for the same entire job every year when it comes to my tacoma. I use fluid flim on my mower deck every year when the season ends...works great.
For 99% of my trucks chassis coverage, cosmoline has been one, and done. I'll spend 5 minutes on touchups every spring.

It sucks spraying at zero degrees because it washes right off in areas

Last edited:
Back