What did you do with your Taco today

its probably a rusted rotted brake line that burst
that happened to my Gen7 Corolla many years ago backing out of the driveway o_O
lucky i was not hauling ass at 90mph on the freeway when that happened
OY!
Idk. She’s pretty clean underneath. But Chevy had rusted lines a few years in with their trucks. Dealer will find out. One way or another.

OY!
Idk. She’s pretty clean underneath. But Chevy had rusted lines a few years in with their trucks. Dealer will find out. One way or another.

Drove a little over 300 miles today. Hit the snow/sleet/freezing rain/rain schmutz about 30 miles N of Emporia, KS on I-35S. Rode in that mess for almost 2 hours. Truck is cocooned in road ice schmutz.

Watched a genius in a fairly new F150 4wd rip by at 75+ mph when the traffic was under 60 mph (semi trucks too) pulling a single axle U-haul trailer. Saw him again about 20 miles later, jack knifed all dented up and took 3 others with him. ID10T.

Saw many drivers unable to manage the road and weather conditions. If the semis are running at <60 mph, then the roads are not good.

Kansas?

I only ran into snowcover in Denison Iowa today
Nothing but flurries everywhere else around here
Very strange

Just got back from my shop...decided it was time to turn on the heat...I keep it in the temp in the 40's all winter, as no one is there most of the time. Getting colder, read 21 degrees on my trucks dash when I left home at 8:30 this morning.

Did the weather cooperate?
That's a great question Jay. I departed Springfield at 0700 this morning and it was 27 degrees with cloudy skies but no rain. I rolled up Interstate - 44 like a rocket-sled on wheels. By the time I got into Tulsa town it was 29 degrees in all. But there was a roadblock up on the cloverleaf and them bears was wall to wall.

92 miles later…. Well i shot the line and went for broke at the mighty OKC. It was still 29 degrees so i bumped it up to 93. I passed the Winstar and thought I'd gone too far. I prepared to cross the Oklahoma - Texas state line. I could see the toll bridge was covered with bears but i didn't have a doggoned dime. So I crashed the gate doing 98 and said let them Tacos roll 10-4.

1701140609022.png

What did you do with your Taco today ?​

So after the 448 mile trip from Missouri back into Texas I took BigBlue to the carwash and washed off all that bug juice on the windshield. Filled up the tank with 18 gallons and parked him back into his stall. :)

Attachments

• 20210106_154406.jpg
    20210106_154406.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210106_154532.jpg
    20210106_154532.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 1
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
OY!
What it was A spent r/side caliper. The dealer gave me a 5 day wait for repair. Right before thanksgiving. I said screw the warranty and paid a Indy sho out of pocket. A couple hundred went to that. She’s running good these days.

Woke up extra early this morning and drove my Taco to the Hospital to drop off the wife for her scheduled Shoulder surgery. The Docs did a libal tear and slap tare repair. Filled the tank at Kroger for an unbelievable $2.26 a gallon. :)

can ya make it to the gulf on that fresh tank of tacoJuice?
That's another great question Jay. We seem to always take the wife's car when we go to the beach so I've never road tripped down to Galveston in the Taco. However comma the next time we go in the Spring, I will "wheel" my Taco the to the beech. I can usually get close to 400 miles on one tank but when I'm I'm flying down the highway at 90mph, it's more like 300 miles be for I empty the tank.

Woke up extra early this morning and drove my Taco to the Hospital to drop off the wife for her scheduled Shoulder surgery. The Docs did a libal tear and slap tare repair. Filled the tank at Kroger for an unbelievable $2.26 a gallon. :)
I'm 2.5 weeks out of rotator cuff repair myself ! Had a bone spurr shaved and tendon tear. Sucks cuz I'm a righty too .just started PT Monday.tell her good luck and lots of ice :)

Back