What does it feel like owning/driving/being seen in a Tacoma versus another truck?

Just bought my very first TOYOTA ever. 2020 TRD 4x4, my 2nd week I love it so far, can sense the quality, Glad to be rid of my 7yr old Subaru forester :D...Had more trouble with the Subi than any vehicle in 30 yrs UGH...This truck just Fits, like the height, ride, Seat.
I fully Plan on having this Truck at least 10yrs or More.

Attachments

• ghjk.jpg
    ghjk.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 24
Three years ago I went shopping for a Chevy Colorado. I drove home in a Tacoma. Best choice ever when it comes to truck buying. I love driving my Tacoma, I love adding little tweaks and mods to my tacoma, and I love looking at others look at me and my Tacoma when I drive around town.

When I went looking at a new truck and drove a Colorado .we took my 03 tundra to the dealership drove the Chevy and then hopped back in my 135 k mile tundra and before we got out of the lot my wife says to me this tundra drives smoother than that brand new Chevy !! Let's go to the Toyota dealer !!! And Bamm! I got my Taco!

Three years ago I went shopping for a Chevy Colorado. I drove home in a Tacoma. Best choice ever when it comes to truck buying. I love driving my Tacoma, I love adding little tweaks and mods to my tacoma, and I love looking at others look at me and my Tacoma when I drive around town.
IKR! I see other Taco drivers checking out the "Orange Crate" all the time :)

I test drove a big v8 F150, and felt like king of the road, of course, but it was way too big-- Then drove my taco, and it just felt perfect and fit. I guess you could say it picked me out--

Last edited:
Feel like you’re part of a community of owners that notice each other. Maybe like Harley owners.

It feels like home to me driving the turd, especially on dirt with wifey riding shotgun and seeing Gordo's smiling face sticking out the window in the mirror...
My Tacoma and Gordo have been to more cool places than most humans that I know... Many other vehicles I've driven came with a bit of anxiety revolving around reliability and sometimes even getting to where I'm heading but being in the Tacomas that I've had has always been relieving... just drive and enjoy the journey and scenery, not watching gages, worrying about if you brought enough or the right spare parts for the trip...
That's the best I could come up with... lolView attachment 31475View attachment 31476View attachment 31477View attachment 31478View attachment 31479
You willing to tell us where that is at? Looks pretty cool and I would understand if you did not want to reveal.

First post here, first Tacoma! I’ve wanted one forever but have always had to have more truck for work. Finally bought my dream truck 2 days ago. 2021 TDR Off Road! It’s Super White, classy as heck! [emoji6]

e48932f2cdd0ee2524ed536b1f47354a.jpg

I think it rides great! Of course I’m coming from a 1 Ton dually... It definitely has less power than I’m used to, I plan to dig into “tunes” and whatnot to see what can be done with that. Other than that, I think it’s perfect!

Back