What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Attempting to decrust this area on rear axle
Using eastWood converter primer after removing a fair amount of dirt sand grease wax and some remaining loose coating
It's supposed to turn dark black when conversion done
Then maybe cosmoline it IDK
View attachment 33924
4day check
Looks like I missed a spot or few arghh!
IMG_20220817_143650_161~2.jpg

another green IFC session by the cat today
Wish I had better looking driveshafts, they are getting roachy and pitted

I think the black IFC should work well in the hidden cavity behind the front coils,
The paint is not UV retardant but no sunshine in this cavity that I am aware of... I didn't even know there was a stinkin' cavity back behind the coils that was in dire need of deWeathering attention :mad:

I took some pix but it says files are too large ???

Last edited:
I had my tacoma ceramic coated professionally from the dealer before taking delivery. I have no idea what they used but its still got an awesome finish after more than 2 years. They told me never to apply any wax on the trucks surface. So far i've washed it twice yet the water beads up just like a fresh wax coating.
If you have a “chemical guys” or “Detail Garage” in your state you can go talk to them about what to use, I buy all my car wash supplies (soaps & waxes) from them
And their a really great group of people and willing to help out, they also put on car shows, bbq’s. Cruise nights. Etc. etc. i use a bottle of ceramic detail spray after I wash and dry my truck and it looks like brand new! (Except for the rock chips from the damn Semi’s on the freeway) it’s about $20.00 for a bottle I think and it’s amazing. Just my .02 cents if you want it? Tske it easy. Cheers

Good plan Steve! I've got rain in the forecast for the next 10 days. The Taco will stay in the garage. We will take wife's Civic wherever we go until the rain is gone.
HA HA HA HA. i thought I was the only one that did that!! Lmao!! Whenever I detail my truck which takes about 3 hours I immediately put it in the garage if I see any rain clouds and we drive the wife’s car. Lol. Lol. But I’m also the same guy that washes the bugs off the front of my truck while the wife runs into the bathroom while fueling up on road trips. I CRINGE when it starts raining.. lol. Glad I bought a 4X4 right? LMAO.

Decided to change both front and rear diffs and transfer case oil......new crush washers and Amsoil 75-90 all torqued to spec and done with my feet in the air!
I just did that a few months ago but used Valvoline full synthetic gear oil instead of paying big bucks for the amsoil.

If you have a “chemical guys” or “Detail Garage” in your state you can go talk to them about what to use, I buy all my car wash supplies (soaps & waxes) from them
And their a really great group of people and willing to help out, they also put on car shows, bbq’s. Cruise nights. Etc. etc. i use a bottle of ceramic detail spray after I wash and dry my truck and it looks like brand new! (Except for the rock chips from the damn Semi’s on the freeway) it’s about $20.00 for a bottle I think and it’s amazing. Just my .02 cents if you want it? Tske it easy. Cheers

i am on a continuous hunt for a good place to have those endless chips repaired with utmost care
most are located underneath on the rocker panels and then the mess in front of the rear wheels

i like the chemical guys silkshine protectant on anything black interior, it adds a nice classy gloss! just not on the dash because the sunshine off of it has a blinding reflection

i tried their VRP on the exterior rubber trim on the doors but nothing works that i have found that does not wash right off in the first rain or wash

Gave underbody a good hosing down
Looks like the woolWax on the diff housing cover needs touched up
Or should I remove all that WW and start with a new fresh coat after checking on the primer I put on that some years ago View attachment 33867
View attachment 33868
gittin' a full body soak felt good in the 99 degree heat LOL
Looks good. What state are you in? 99 degrees? I’m in Las Vegas and 99 this time of year you need a jacket!! Lol

Back