What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Had to take the taco for a ride to my bank this noon to take care of some accounts while making sure I don't write any rubber checks. I owe uncle brandon, and cousin lamont a bunch of money. A couple fixed annuities came due last week, and I now those bozo's want a cut on the interest they made.

Hi guys new to the forum I need some guidance. I have an 05 yota taco I put a 3 core aluminum radiator I’m looking for electric fans with shroud I have a 2.7 vvti I just put a turbo and was going to upgrade the cooling system

Bought my Taco in January. Already time for that oil change. Stopped in the dealership to get my oil changed & cabin filter replaced. Ended up getting spark plugs & belt replaced since I was getting near the 100k mark. Now good to go for a while longer.

My old rig has no cabin filter :confused:
It is getting near the 350k mark and a month away from 27 years
Gotta wheel it into dealer for some diagnostics on this abnormal fuel consumption issue

stopped in Abilene Kansas today for some taco juice, home of Eisenhower
Guy a pump over yelled out that he didn't see a for sale sign on the old Toyota pickup and he wanted it
:confused:

Had to fuss at Toyota service department today. I had a 10% off coupon on my next service work done at the dealership. When I showed it to the service advisor the other evening while getting belt replaced & plugs changed out, he told me he had a much better discount he could give me. Paid my bill which was around $339 at quitting time & went home. Got home & looked at my receipt. Service advisor had given me $10 off my bill. I was definitely pissed over that deal. My wife had to go in for some work on her Rav 4 today. So she took my receipt with her & talked to another advisor in the service department. She ended up getting $35 dollars credited back to my account on the service work. So I ended up with around $45 discounted off the bill. So I guess I came out ok after all.

Had to fuss at Toyota service department today. I had a 10% off coupon on my next service work done at the dealership. When I showed it to the service advisor the other evening while getting belt replaced & plugs changed out, he told me he had a much better discount he could give me. Paid my bill which was around $339 at quitting time & went home. Got home & looked at my receipt. Service advisor had given me $10 off my bill. I was definitely pissed over that deal. My wife had to go in for some work on her Rav 4 today. So she took my receipt with her & talked to another advisor in the service department. She ended up getting $35 dollars credited back to my account on the service work. So I ended up with around $45 discounted off the bill. So I guess I came out ok after all.

do you have the six cylinder taco?
if you do that is a fantastic deal on plugs!
i took my taco into dealershop yesterday for the fuel consumption issue and they spent 2 hours coming up with a todo list the truck needed that totaled over 3000$
GLA!! i just wanted the fuel consumption diagnosed with the oil found in the intake tubing and not all this other stuff you think needs attention
plugs for V6 were on the list for more than 400$... which i already had done back in October at an indie shop

You can buy a good low mileage used engine for that kind of money, and replace that tired worn out one.

Better yet you should have got that guys ph number in post #6,248

what tests are needing done on the 5VZFE to see exactly what its condition is internally?
and then what adjustments are needed to maintain it properly
thank you

so no checking and adjusting the valve clearances that i have been reading upon about it all, trying to find the knowledge
checking for potential headgasket issues
???

there must be more to it all

do you have the six cylinder taco?
if you do that is a fantastic deal on plugs!
i took my taco into dealershop yesterday for the fuel consumption issue and they spent 2 hours coming up with a todo list the truck needed that totaled over 3000$
GLA!! i just wanted the fuel consumption diagnosed with the oil found in the intake tubing and not all this other stuff you think needs attention
plugs for V6 were on the list for more than 400$... which i already had done back in October at an indie shop
My truck has the 4 cylinder. The price of $339 included spark plugs, belt replacement & a new cabin air filter. The oil change was a dealer freebie for my first 2 years.

set up a tire rotation and balance at DT for tomorrow a.m.
it will be the 1st for the new Michelins from last fall

4 cylinder in a 4 door is a rare combination?
I think it was only offer in 2wd models. All 4cyl. 4wd's were the access cab models, at least when I test drove one. Imo, even the access cab gen3 4wd was underpowered going up any hill for its weight.

Back