What is the best 2-3" Lift Kit and Biggest Tires I Can Fit on my 18 Tacoma?

Overkill for Tacomas in general.

Standard load pmetrics are at or beyond our needs for capacity.

I was talking about sidewall protection, it would be foolish to run anything below load range E in certain terrain. When we visited the father in law in nevada there was alot of jagged lava rocks and ****. Just getting to his ranch could shred tires.

Standard load pmetrics are at or beyond our needs for capacity.

I was talking about sidewall protection, it would be foolish to run anything below load range E in certain terrain. When we visited the father in law in nevada there was alot of jagged lava rocks and ****. Just getting to his ranch could shred tires.

The sidewall is usually the same on E rated tires. Only certain tires actually have thicker or "armored" sidewalls.

Most tires are 2ply with a 6ply or 10ply rating. The BFG KO2’s have a 3 ply side wall making them tougher than most A/T tire. Almost all MT tires have 3ply sidewalls.
The C, D and E rating is for towing capacity or load rate. The E allows for more PSI and increased load rate. Advertising 2ply or 3 ply "rated" as 6ply or 10 ply is just the norm these days. They use to actually be 6ply or 10ply the industry terminology has stayed around. 35A07140-D20A-47CB-B138-C56423A44F24.jpeg

Most tires are 2ply with a 6ply or 10ply rating. The BFG KO2’s have a 3 ply side wall making them tougher than most A/T tire. Almost all MT tires have 3ply sidewalls.
The C, D and E rating is for towing capacity or load rate. The E allows for more PSI and increased load rate. Advertising 2ply or 3 ply "rated" as 6ply or 10 ply is just the norm these days. They use to actually be 6ply or 10ply the industry terminology has stayed around. View attachment 17408

Right, its a throwback from the bias ply era, and determines the carrying capacity via psi and sidewall strength isnt it?

I was reading that the ply rating comes from when they used cotton in tires.

So only one confirmed tire AT tire with a thicker sidewall?
No

If an e weighs more than a c range in the same size (across all tires ive ever seen) and the tread depth/width is the same on both, then the weight difference came from?

Thickness is different but the pic doesn't say if the ply ratings are different.

View attachment 17409
The bottom is a runflat tire.... runflats depend on sidewalls as the sidewall carries the load on a tire. When they lose air, theres only the sides doing real work.

A tire driven flat will have the sidewall thinned out and rubber pieces inside the carcass due to friction since no air, the sidewall takes all the weight.

Ive ripped a few off of rims.

Back