What size OME springs and shocks to buy?

Chromie

I've spent two nights pouring over forums and looking at retailers and manufacturer websites and I'm still a little confused.

This is what I have already:
2000 Tacoma V6 TRD with some light armor (looking to get more though) stock IFS with a Revtek 3" lift kit (coil spacers) running 33 x 12.5 tires. It also has a 3" body lift. (previous owner had all the mods done)

I like the way the truck looks and it handles plenty good to me.

It has the stock (most likely original) Bilstein TRD shocks and I noticed that both lower bushing are in pretty bad shape.

I know that I could replace the bushings, but I'm guessing that at 15 years old they shocks themselves probably need replaced.

This is what I'm thinking:
Get rid of the Revtek lift and install some OME springs and shocks to make up the difference. Since I have the body lift, I *think* that I could get away with less than 3" of lift in a spring/shock combo and not worry about rubbing tires. Looking at the OME documents, everything says that they don't spec for lift and don't have that information available at all. I want to match coil height with shock length, but I'm having trouble figuring out what those are.

Other consideration:
I often enough have my truck fully loaded (to the top of the camper shell, with more stuff strapped on top) and sometimes pulling a trailer. When I do that, the back sags pretty decent, so I'm thinking about getting new heavier leafs and corresponding shocks.

So, which springs and shocks should I be getting?

Thanks everybody!

Back