Whats the price of a Gallon of Regular gas where your at?

Glad i sold my tundra in 2020. The gen3 taco isn't that bad....even under brandon.

Last edited:
Gen2 taco is not great
4cylinder supposed to get decent mpg?
This gen2 4cyl AT is under 20mpg some reason

As the epa raised their mpg quota, it's why toyota went to their direct fuel injection 3.5 v6 that gets the same mpg as their 2.7 in the same truck, except the v6 makes over 100 hp more. It's a no brainer for the v6. Imo, unless you couldn't afford a v6 trim, there's 0 reason for the 4. These trucks have gotten porky, but they do ride, and handle nice.....at least vs my tundra that needed a field to turn in, and a gas pump every 250 miles.

Whats wrong with having an access cab? Its not cool being an oddball.

like i stated before ya, the single cab is best pickup, the original pickup was a single cab, was it not?!

this is NOT anything better than a single cab pickup

The Access is/was the best design for me & my work efforts.
When the 4th gen was introduced, I heard Toyo say they eliminated the Access since sales numbers were too low (so why revert back to the Xtra?) Now it's reported that they didn't want to pay for crash testing on a 4th gen Access. Kind of fishy for them to change their answers. I believe their marketing department is really in control, and increased profits is the actual reason.

I could also afford KO2's under Trump.... not currently under this administration.
I know some have said the KO2's are overkill, but I still love mine on the old 2nd gen, more KO2's and more orangeman.
BTW I paid $2.80/gal for E10 yesterday in NE OK.

Its can be over a $1.00 more here for a gallon of gas in nw connecticut.
Imo, an access, or extra cab has always been best for me. It allows me to store my more valuable cargo inside the truck where it has privacy glass in the access cab section. This frees up all the room I need in a 6' bed for other stuff. Those single cabs were ok in the late 70's when we did some serious off-roading back in the day, but I'm older now, and have settled down, not looking for breaking stuff.

the 4wd single cab gen2 has that rear slider right behind your ear, it is very nice to have the breezy while out tooling around

As the original topic of this thread, current gas prices in your local, many folks seem to forget that much of the variance is due to your particular state and local fuel tax rates. And I'm especially sensitive to such since gasoline and diesel are the end product of my 3rd gen business and occupation. In my state, the 25 cents/gal is about average, but some states add on several weird-named fees that boost your cost much higher.
When state & local authorities decide economic winners and losers, we've crossed a dangerous line (your product or service could be next).

why did the gas jump 20c to 40c overnight a couple days ago, or was it just in my locale
crude oil had no major spike i was aware of?

why did the gas jump 20c to 40c overnight a couple days ago, or was it just in my locale
Are you sure that's not just a conspiracy theory??? Actually, gasoline values (w/o taxes) float on the commodities exchange.
https://oilprice.com/ is a good place to follow the movement. Most dealer sourcing is based on these prices. But you certainly can see rather large changes when the monthly futures contracts expire, at about the 22nd of each month. Otherwise, drastic price changes tend to be local sourcing problems such as specific refinery shutdowns or overemphasized news reports.
BTW remember the gas value shown is exclusive of the effect of the addition of ethanol.

Rejoice! Brandon just released a million barrels of fuel products meant for defense/emergencies. 'Might as well drain these reserves to prop-up his campaign. So glad he is once again undercutting the market directly related to my income, thanks so much Brandon.

the 4wd single cab gen2 has that rear slider right behind your ear, it is very nice to have the breezy while out tooling around
Having a rear slider whether a single cab, or an access cab is a moot point. I requested my access cab tacoma have a power rear sliding rear window. Just press a switch on the dash, and it opens....plenty of breeze.
As far as gas 20 to 40 cents....not here, it's been going up a nickel a week for several months straight. You can bet the war in the middle east isn't helping lower crude prices. Not only that, brandon has emptied 40% of the reserves after orangeman nearly filled them when crude was at $24 a barrel. Like said above these reserves were not meant for what brandon did to gain votes.

access cab (or in my case xtra cab) is not the same as a single cab slider, which is a gameChanger with the wind tunnel
perhaps access cab is MUCH different than xtra cab but IDK really IDK

Back