What's Your Tacoma's MPG

Some of these mileage figures are discouraging.. I was hoping for at least 18+ in the city with a DC 4x4 automatic.. My 8000 lb Duramax is getting between 18 and 20 in town! Tell me this isn't so Toto! I really want to get this truck.. I guess the "Window Sticker Figures" are a bit off track.... 18 town, 21 Highway.... Ugh..

Some of these mileage figures are discouraging.. I was hoping for at least 18+ in the city with a DC 4x4 automatic.. My 8000 lb Duramax is getting between 18 and 20 in town! Tell me this isn't so Toto! I really want to get this truck.. I guess the "Window Sticker Figures" are a bit off track.... 18 town, 21 Highway.... Ugh..
I never got better then 18 with mine. After mods it has steadily declined to the point of not really caring too much about it anymore. A stock auto driven light on the skinny pedal should give close to the window sticker.

I never got better then 18 with mine. After mods it has steadily declined to the point of not really caring too much about it anymore. A stock auto driven light on the skinny pedal should give close to the window sticker.

I agree.

I used to get 20mpg but that was stock and driving mostly highway. Now with tires and mostly city driving I get about 16. A truck isn't for mileage.

I have driven to NM out of town allot and my lease almost every weekend and it is an hour each way. I drive allot so I always keep track of my mileage and get as best I can when possible

Cool. What I'm saying is that no truck is meant for getting incredible MPG numbers. They make cars for that.

09 DCLB TuRD Sport. According to ultragauge and my calculations = 17.9 mpg most days with the occasional creep up to 18 even.

When I first got the truck I was getting just under 18 mpg, now 2 months later im getting almost 20 mpg...the computer seems to be doing a hell of a job adapting to my driving habits.

I average about 15 mpg. steel wheels, front & rear tube bumpers, 33" tires, sliders don't help me. i try to stay under 70mph on the freeway.

Back