1st gen tacoma mods

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by 0795toyotaco, Dec 2, 2013.

1. 0795toyotaco

0795toyotaco Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see what mods other people have done to their first gen tacomas. I'm looking for more ideas for my 95! Post your pics!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    0795toyotaco

4. Changeling

Changeling Well-Known Member

It would really be nice if you said what you have done and gave the specifics, like tire brand and size, what did you use for your lift, etc,.

5. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

That's what build threads are for.

6. Konaborne

Konaborne Well-Known Member

7. OP
    0795toyotaco

3in coil over lift with aal in rear, all pro front and rear bumpers rhino lined, bushwacker fender flares, plasti dipped wheels and grill, and 33x12.50 wild country mtx

8. LITacoQ

LITacoQ Member

Painted Grill

Hello all, Just wanted to share mod I did this past week. I painted my chromed plastic grill gloss black with Krylon. I sanded the grill with 320 grit until the grill had no luster anymore. Then, cleaned with thinner or turpentine and sprayed about 4 coats of krylon. Waited about 10-15 minutes between coats. Came out pretty good. I'm very happy with it. Best to everyone this holiday season[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Changeling

Changeling Well-Known Member

That looks really good, nice job.:thumbsup:

10. 95 taco

95 taco Well-Known Member

Diff breather mod (it's on the list)
    CB (i have almost everything)
    trim the front mud flaps (I took 3'' off)
    Diff lock anytime (Only on TRD)
    2 lo mod (only on ADD trucks)
    heavy duty (marine grade) battery terminals for easy adding of electrical to the battery ($5 from wally world)

11. LUSETACO

LUSETACO Resident Cheapskate Moderator

Deck plate mod.

12. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Grey wire MOD, diff breather MOD , OME 883#'s on 1st gen Tundra 5100's, custom built OMD 3" leafsprings, relocation of pass. side rear shock to match the driverside, under frame mounted Hella flood light, Kenwood VHF 2M radio (send & recieve for miles) Ivan Stewart TRD Tundra wheels, deckplate MOD, Famous Fabrication slides, custom built tube bumper for the front, old school KC dayliters with 1 big HID flood in the middle, push start button for ignition,

this is off the top of my head, sure theres more though....

13. OP
    0795toyotaco

I seem a tacoma like my black one above and I noticed the rear shocks pointed towards the center of the bed. Does anyone know who you do this? Would you need longer shocks?

14. OP
    0795toyotaco

Any ideas?

15. whippersnapper02

You would need to weld up new mounting points and possibly get new shocks. Not worth it just for looks.

16. OP
    0795toyotaco

I think it looks pretty cool and I need new shocks anyway. Would you weld new mounts to the top of the axle?

17. whippersnapper02

Not sure but I would assume so.

18. OffroadTaco4x4

OffroadTaco4x4 Well-Known Member

All depends on how you set it up. Unless you're doing alot of wheeling or something I wouldn't think it is Necessary, but here's how it's set up on my 79' ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1387509723.369881.jpg the mounting point for the bottom isn't welded directly to the axle, but is on a bracket connected to the axle. So if you wanted to do it yes you would have to make new mounting points

19. OP
    0795toyotaco

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1388954562.073271.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1388954579.389630.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1388954597.202985.jpg
    No sway bar flex pics

20. OP
    0795toyotaco

Has anyone here put a powertrax no slip locker in their 1st gen? I'm wondering if its really that easy to install like the place says they are. I can't find any kind of instructions anywhere. Thanks for any help.

21. N8ivFlav

N8ivFlav Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408387351.730339.jpg
    Satoshi grill and big "t" emblem so one day I can mount my light bar behind em